1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Other Operation Enduring Freedom: 2011

Discussion in 'Communities' started by The Devils Own, Mar 4, 2018.

1. [​IMG]
    In this Roleplay community, realism is what we intend to shoot for rather than glorious running and gunning like most military roleplays that rely around now in days. In order to achieve such realism, the development of custom content goes underway by model porting, sound extracting, and an ongoing developing and reconstruction of the Clockwork Schema to bring back the true form of a realistic military roleplay that can evolve and engulf players in how a military roleplay should be done.

The setting of the current operation takes place in the Kunar Province of the nation the United States have been actively involved in known as Afghanistan. This setting follows a Marine Force Recon Expeditionary battalion with the responsibility of a mission that involves holding the Forward Operation Base along the side of the mountain range which borders the neighboring nation of Pakistan. The objective is to disrupt the traveling trail between the mountain ranges that travel from Pakistan and through the villages that reside below due to intel receiving it as a current supply route for Taliban forces further ahead of Bagram and Kabul disrupting communications and operations for the United States Army. In order to keep arms from flooding up northern Afghanistan, this route has to be monitored and by attrition, any adversaries to be neutralized that pose a threat to existing Coalition members or to innocent collateral that reside across the region under the Rules of Engagement established by the Geneva Convention.

Marine Recon
    The Marine Recon forces portrayed in this Serious Roleplay Community will follow the 1st Reconnaissance Battalion as there operations not only reflect how the roleplay would be portrayed in game, but also to go back on the real life counterpart in order to resonate and keep that realism instilled for players who are looking for a realistic experience.

It is important to keep a proper chain of command rather than having ridiculous excuses for higher leadership to run around duel wielding Beretta's like some military servers *Cough Lemonpunch Cough*. Aside from scrutiny, the goal is to create a formal and respectful appearance of what these brave men and women have to go through daily in such terrain and region but aside from impactful realism and strict attention to detail, the goal for the players is to also enjoy and have fun as they spend their time amongst our community. We give our all in order to be the ones to do Military Roleplay right in order to keep those coming back for more.

An on going work in progress, I must take input from everyone in order to improve.
    The players are the harshest critics, but at the same time there can be some who could care less and minge and I may implore to all that our community is prepared to handle any situation swiftly and efficiently. Besides that, we also attempt to bring our own custom content into the roleplaying server which requires time, but it is worth it through all with brand new content being used in our servers and that includes custom models, sound design, and even GUI.

The following below is a current preview of content work being done for our server and anything new will be added below.

It's important to know that much of this is still a work in progress but questions are important in order to not only put together a consensus of how we want to see this server play out in its realistic state, but to also clear out any cloudiness this thread may have as not a lot of what we envision can be shown. However what we can do right now is have everyone involve in the community of Talking Seal Industries as for the time being it remains a small yet humble community of players who all devote to realistic roleplay. A forums will be developed along the way as development of the Schema itself continues and any updates will be posted here on its progress, I hope these current shows of the content can give players an idea of what's to come. Thank you and do write any questions, comments, or concerns if you have any. Steam Group Link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SolarisRoleplay
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Reagent

Reagent The Reagent Menace Active Member

To be honest looks like one of the better military roleplay servers that I've seen get advertised on here. There's a few grammatical errors in the post though, here's one of the more obvious ones.

Overall it's a good thread and it sounds like you've got a lot of military roleplay experience so I don't doubt that this'll be fun for those who enjoy MilRP. Good luck!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lt. Dan Taylor

Lt. Dan Taylor Active Member

Aaah! Nice models, I'd love to see them on server :)

But @Reagent was correct, the text can do with a little bit of proofreading.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  4. Blizzard

Blizzard Cold Hearted Staff Member Manager Clockwork Customer

Very nice concept you have going. What models will you be using for the soldiers may I ask?
  5. My current eye is on Ninja Nub's Battlefield 3 Marine Corps/MARSOC models he ported a while back as it includes many varients for Harnesses, IOTVs and BDU patterns mostly the digital desert as it is the current phase for the time period though I am open for other suggestions.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Good Coder Good Coder x 1
  6. WestCoastKillers

WestCoastKillers all links to the manifesto Clockwork Customer

please don't use hl2rp as your base schema.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Digital Junkie

Digital Junkie Active Member

Female marines???
    Nights talon but decent :rolleyes:?
    • Good Coder Good Coder x 1
  8. For the sake of realism in the time period and setting I will not be including female Marines as Marine Recon since for the time period of 2011, female Marine Recons were not in part of the role as the first female Marines did not go through phase one of training until 2016. (News Post for proof: https://www.military.com/daily-news...ches-end-of-first-phase-of-marsoc-course.html )
  9. Digital Junkie

Whens the release date??
  10. Hopefully I can get it in its early stages within' 2-3 weeks, don't quote me on it but whatever free time I get I work on it. I'm in the military myself so I have to tie it in with work and god forbid random training days.
  11. Lt. Dan Taylor

Lt. Dan Taylor Active Member

w-woah! :(
  12. SmallS

SmallS Clockwork Customer Active Member

I like the idea, but the reason why most MRP servers end up shit is because of shitty administration. You should get a team together before making any more big boy promises.
  13. Digital Junkie

What if he already has a team
  14. SmallS

SmallS Clockwork Customer Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. Going into open beta for the servers current status. Codes and tweaks are still being followed along with the porting of more content. As for team wise that is still being put together as well as also being open for those interested in anyway.

Content: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=796096035
  16. Digital Junkie

Hows dev coming along DEV?