1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  5. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Atomic Opulence FalloutRP

Discussion in 'Communities' started by Opulence, Feb 8, 2016.

1. [​IMG]
    Welcome to the thread for the Opulence Gaming Community! This is going to present the FalloutRP server we have! it uses the Schema CW:Atomic, so we figured it was a perfect schema for a fallout server. Here is some info for our community:
    Server IP: 192.223.29.177:27015
    Teamspeak 3: 192.223.29.177
    Content Pack(Sorry it is huge): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=434481156

[​IMG]
    World: The world is based in the year 2280 in Arizona, after the first battle of Hoover Dam, where the legion has suffered many casualties, and the New California Republic has taken up the mantle as the main power in the region. The legion has regained strength and the power struggle is only growing more tense by the hour. The enclave came in at an inconvenient time. Due to their ties to no other faction, they can attack at any time, anywhere. Both factions are waiting for the second battle of hoover dam to begin, and the pressure is only growing.
    Server: We have many custom white-lists, including super mutant, ghouls, and dogs. We have events every day, whether it be a death claw attack on a settlement, or a vicious and unrelenting desert storm tearing through the world. These events cause RP for everyone. For example, in a desert storm, players would have to go to the nearest shelter, if they are out in the wasteland, they would have to run to a cave. In a death claw attack, it isn't just a normal death claw, it is an alpha-male death claw. The death claw normally only attacks the main factions settlements, such as the NCR's settlement or the Legions camp. We use a very unique rolling system as well, but I will go over that in the next section.

[​IMG]
    We use a rolling system that is based on your S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats that you select when you create your character. You can use your charisma in bartering, agility to dodge attacks, and strength and endurance to determine how badly a wound would be. Your luck would be a factor of either avoiding a bullet, and any scenario where you could die otherwise. Luck is limited, however. Here is a link that goes in more depth about our rolling system(Guide included): http://opulencegaming.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9-roll-rp-and-you/

[​IMG]
    "The United States does still exist. God bless us, every one. We've just had to adapt in order to survive after the war."
    After the failure of the capital wasteland, they have been moving about the country. They have been hunted by the brotherhood, legion, and the New California Republic over the years. After regaining their bearings, they decided to settle down in Arizona. They never thought danger would be gone forever, but the struggle carries on under the lead of a new president who follows the doctrine of Richardson.

[​IMG]
    "Nothing will ever break up our home. We will create a new future - without the mistakes of the past."
    After winning the first battle of Hoover Dam, their morale was high, allowing them to have high spirits when rebuilding. Gaining more recruits than before, they were rebuilding their strength exponentially. With their power being at an all time high in the wasteland, not many other factions want to be in their cross-hairs.

[​IMG]
    "My Legion obeys me, even unto death. Why? Because they live to serve the greater good, and they know of no alternatives."
    The Legion, growing at an intense rate, is constantly attacking the settlements of the wasteland. The Legion, in the not so distant past, was burned to the ground by the Enclave and another time, by the NCR. The Legion has since built man power and supplies. The Legion's army is rapidly growing, and they are proving to be worthy adversaries to the NCR for the next battle of Hoover Dam.

[​IMG]
    The wastelander. You wander the wasteland, looking for anything that will assist in keeping you alive. You will encounter many issues and problems in the wasteland, make sure you come prepared for anything!

I hope you enjoyed the thread, and I hope you come and join us on the server! We are always looking for new roleplayers, and with new roleplayers, comes new and fresh roleplay. Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 3
  2. *cough* The server has the Wild Wasteland perk activated at all times *cough* ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. As for the Brotherhood of Steel: They have not come into this region yet, but they will at a future time, and it will make for interesting RP.

4. I have played on this server a handful of times and it does feature very good roleplay. There are even mutated creatures that roam the wastes and would give that token of Fallout's realism straight into the Wasteland. The community is friendly and there is NO ROLLING BY 0 - 100... it is all artistically done by using a S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system that rolls from 1 - 10 depending on your skill you use and it is also stacked due to certain equipment being used, armour being worn, etc, differentiated with consequences in certain conditions. Different actions through using the SPECIAL actually gives a multi-selective choice for your character. You can even talk your "enemies" out of doing things that would be harmful to you, such as other roleplayers wanting to mug or even kill you. (Well, it's obvious that this is used outside of using the SPECIAL aswell.) The factions are all fairly balanced and the community is very active when it gains enough players and it really attracts a large playerbase.

Staff are friendly, contributive and are also active and will support the player (you) in any way. I've seen this happen multiple times and because of this, good roleplayers have joined and decided to stay. We are new and are still building our way in and they really don't seem to be another server that fills the list. It's worth it and they've done it very well and it is organized and planned out. They gave me Administrator (I wasn't this to begin with...) privileges and full access to the Enclave faction, which is the best faction I do excess in. Recruiting is common for factions and you can have a good amount of different characters, and, with permission, can be given access to mutated creatures if you are trusted enough to roleplay them correctly and intelligently.

If you have any concerns, I really suggest giving it a go before making final opinion.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  5. Doris

Doris Active Member

Did you guys just like the post because, I'm assuming you guys are staff?
    I mean that's kinda..ehh

6. Two of the three aren't staff, they all just like the server. Denny is staff. He didn't like it. Either way, I would not see the problem liking it if they were staff. It may seem kind of like giving a "like" to your own photo or something. So I can see that. Anyways, let's get back on the topic of the server.

7. No, it's in my nature to be honest and I'm trying to get other people who have played on the server to give their opinions here. This is based off my own opinion and not because I'm a staff member, but because I've been looking for Fallout roleplay that shows promise and a community to stay in without needing to migrate from the next, to the next. It's happened a lot to me the past few years, sadly.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Sim2014ftw

Sim2014ftw le professional leaker

*Cough* Attention whores do that *Cough*

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I was just saying we didn't do that. Can we talk about the server?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. OK. I've recently taken screenshots of the map we're using and it gives a big description to each faction, their area / vicinity and intimidating places where the most dangerous of all things could thrive in the wasteland. We have the NCR Town, an Enclave Remnant controlled Vault as their main headquarters and a burnt down village belonging to Caesar's Legion. There are also caves, underground bunkers, outland diners, gas stations and even a ghoul encampment.

First, the NCR... there will be separate posts for faction area screenshots, including the map in general.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. The Enclave, or known as "The Remnant", has taken control of a vault after crash-landing a vertibird that is a bit far from the area. When they grow in more numbers, more work will be done in the vault to upgrade its facilities, to an extent.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Now, we have the Legion area; this zone fit their personality very well as being the devils of the wasteland.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Lastly, but not least, the miscellaneous areas that can house danger or even salvation, hide-aways or small settlements and even contested landscape, aswell as the spreading of propaganda that all factions essentially do.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I've only been playing on this map for less than a week so I'm unsure if it is popular or not. But this is the layout we are using so far.

14. Jchapsi5

Jchapsi5 Active Member

If you want this play to succeed, that notice board should be full...!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Oh lol that's in someones shop.

16. Good shit. Ave, true to Caesar.

17. ThereĀ“s been a major update on the server: "Due to the Staff team agreeing that the current path of the Server was gonna lead nowhere due to the map restrictions and factions being way too unbalanced we have decided to do a fresh start changing the server from New Vegas to Fallout 3. Therefore the map has been changed. Factions will come in play once enough playerbase has been gained to support them. Please keep in mind due to the change The Legion and The NCR will be discarded and the main Factions will now be The Enclave, The Brotherhood of Steel and the Brotherhood Outcasts. We hope everyone understands these changes and that we also make these to ensure the future of the Server."

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. "Thats it. I'm going on C16 and writing a review." -A disgruntled user

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Jchapsi5

Jchapsi5 Active Member

So, I recently played on this server for a few hours. This is what happened.
    I first spawned into an okay town, in an okay atmosphere. I saw nobody running around, the BoS scoreboard part empty, Enclave with two, Raiders with two, and one mutant. I walked around for a bit, and then entered a building where I heard yelling. Low and behold, a Raider was in the process of killing an Enclave member with a Sledgehammer. He succeeded, and I ran away.
    Next, I went into this other building where the owner was smashing windows out(?) and I spoke with him. Told him I was new, I was nice, and he decided to give me 1000 caps(pistol costs like 1K so it's fine, I guess) to do a very small job, and that was to deliver a message that a Wastelander couldn't come into his Clinic. I went downstairs, got mugged by a guy literally on the stairway, lied that I had only 20 caps, he believed me. Going on with the story, I walked around, looking for the 'guy with the sledgehammer' and found him. 'Damien'( the guy who gave me the job) told me his name, so when I confronted him, the guy was like 'meta, oh meta' and I was like, Damien told me, calm down. Anyways, guy gave me 750 caps to give to Damien, I went back to Damien, which then this guy followed me, and I found Damien with the Ghoul that mugged me when I was leaving... He was shooting at something below, but I didn't care. I just wanted the job done, so I could buy a gun in this very hostile world. So, we start talking, then all the sudden raiders appear. They, apparently being the fantastic duo who stat whored a certain stat, started to attack the guy who followed me. They don't kill him, turn their attention to Damien's pip-boy, he throws it out the window like it's nothing.
    NOW! They turn their attention to me. Apparently, the Ghoul likes my eyes! Oh, and so does the Raiders. I try to hide behind Damien, who pussies out and leaves me to fight three fucking heavily geared dudes, so I run.
    This is a Fallout server, using Atomic, so they use the SPECIAL roll system. I get higher than the first raider(Jackass), but the second one somehow catches up to me with Sledgehammer, various swords, and a Rifle. I get tackled, knocked out, dragged off to a shack, and get my throat slit.
    So by now, I'm just amazed, because Damien(yet again, the owner) tells me that these RAIDERS are feared by the ENCLAVE. The fucking Enclave.
    By now, I'm this close from leaving. Anyways, I keep on going, leave the town, I drop like 10FPS. I walk and walk, and find Damien's massive shack, causing massive FPS drops. Get the fuck out of there. I found an empty base and then told that it's about to blow the fuck up. I then see Enclave come out of nowhere, running away. I follow them, asking what's wrong(which they refused to answer because they were running(?))
    This one admin who was a Private screams at me because I ask why in LOOC. His words were, 'YOUR MAKING ME MAD". Confused, and centimeters away from leaving, they go to this Vault, which I ask why they were running, they ignore me until I go into the Vault, which then I leave. They enter the Vault, close it, and I snapped.
    And now, here I am making this horrid review which I really can't explain any other way.
    TLDR:
    4/10

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. Doris

Doris Active Member

Fallout Roleplay never works out. It results in a bunch of factions running around not doing their jobs and raiders running the fucking show

Fallout should just stay out of SeriousRP

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1

Previous Readers (Total: 0)