1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

HL2RP Origins: Half-Life 2 Roleplay

Discussion in 'Communities' started by EJ Rockwell, Sep 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phillipinc

Phillipinc Clockwork Customer

Went in the server, killed an admin, the admin voided the situation to avoid losing his weapons then banned me. +1

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. klark

klark selling cod waw mods Active Member

seems like your allowed to but if someone asks you OOCly to stop then you have to

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2017
  3. Blizzard

Blizzard C16 Support Manager Store Support Clockwork Customer Active Member

Just wanting to put in my two cents:

So,

Why do ex-soldiers belong in the Civil Protection? Typically they are amputated, stalkerized, or transhumanized. I understand custom lore for a server, but usually these types of lore ends up with admins turning into an American Sniper killing off 4 units at a time with no repurcussions. So tell me, why/how does it fit this server?

The lore I usually see in servers, is that soldiers no matter what specops experiences they have, are immediately amputated to prevent future conflict within the Union, even if they were collaborators. I'm just curious on how this fully works for Origins... like correct me if I'm wrong but it is a big no no to have any type of citizen (even civil protection), with a special forces background. It gives the player's character a major power-gamey advantage.

4. EJ Rockwell

EJ Rockwell Clockwork Customer

• Inciting drama with no proof
    -snip-

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. EJ Rockwell

PS: I havent seen you on the server, why are ya here?

6. EJ Rockwell

lol he deleted his posts cause we knew it was rommel xD

7. Pistol P

Pistol P God Bless Eeben Barlow Active Member

LOL. Typical OfC SpEcTeR SpEcoPs. Also, ball torture becomes a topic before the second page. Real nice.

Read between the lines. This entire question could be answered with "custom lore". I'd also like to see wherever this was confirmed in the actual game.

• Winner Winner x 3
  8. EJ Rockwell

It went from basic lore to custom really fast. By the creation of this thread to now, the servers changed.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. EJ Rockwell

That Was what we were doing, but certain members of staff disregarded this and made our lore a 180 from canon.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. i.e M9K,Off duty models, Useless Shit like that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. EJ Rockwell

heres an example. Most people would use /me looks at the nigger CP.
    Sorry thats just dumb as hell and used to annoy the staff/players.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. EJ Rockwell

Plus, that was never implemented. Dont know where you got that. I do agree the personnel file was cringe, though.

13. Blizzard

Blizzard C16 Support Manager Store Support Clockwork Customer Active Member

I'm going by the Half-Life 2 Beta lore...
    http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Conscripts

It says that the remaining soldiers are requisitioned into the Conscripts. Keyword "remaining", meaning that those who were left after the war. I mainly just said that they were stalkerized, transhumanized, or amputated due to so many servers adapting to this lore, so my bad if it doesn't fit this server's.

• Causing Drama
    -snip-

• Like Like x 2
  14. cash wednesday

cash wednesday Hey Blondie Honorable

How has this fucking trash fire of a thread not been locked yet

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

what are those fucking units names lmao

SHut. Up.

or else..

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Lev

Lev certified honorable guy Honorable Active Member

we shouldve never resigned so we can lock these DUMBASS THREADS!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Hi folks, I'm part of the staff team on the Origins server. Some of you would probably recognize me from there or from other past communities.

Just to clarify with everyone here, I'm gonnae keep it simple, and unbiased. I'm just gonnae start by saying that the server's originality was heavily changed over the course of a few weeks. We did start off with the City 18 map and the reason we wanted to go back towards the original approach that Half Life 2 RP first started off with years ago, was due to the fact we didn't want anything highly customized and we wanted to run by what you could actually see from playing Half Life 2 itself. We thought it was a great idea.

At first we thought it wouldn't work, and we were right, it was clearly evident that this wasn't the case, until we started to pick up a playerbase of likeminded individuals. We also didn't want to head towards bringing in various workshop items. We *did* get model packs to bring in High-Definition models for all factions such as the MPF, CWU and including the Citizens, but other than that, that was really the only workshop items we had. Thing is when we switched to Industrial-17 things started to pick up even further, which was actually great, but the demands from other individuals became a bit rampant when the wishes for M9K, these SPECTRE units folks are talking about etc became a wee bit rampant.

I, personally, didn't like the changes; I didn't entirely agree to following this approach majorly, and so the further this kept going, the "180° turn" that is mentioned above was basically what's driven us here at the moment. Yes, I will admit this, people brang in things from other communities for their own personal use, and speaking on EJ's behalf, he was interested at first until it started to become evident that they would also come to cause problems / issues due to their over-use. There was also plugins, items, "special" characters and actions taken at times without the knowledge of EJ.

However, some folks here did contribute to the server until the fighting started. There was some conflict between some of the players and administration that eventually escalated and caused swift bans or kicks. I'll even admit, that's quite silly. Then again, there were others that came on that were trying to generally troll or cause intentional harm to the playerbase, so there's two sides of this.

Origins was a community created to bring the RP back to its roots, it just took a bit of a side-turn, sadly.

If any questions or if you want to discuss anything specific, please fire them at me or add me on steam so we can talk about it. Any criticism and suggestions will be heard and I will bring them up with specific individuals in propper manner. Cheers.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  18. redcatjack

redcatjack Moderator and Map Developer Staff Member Moderator Clockwork Customer

Thread Locked.
    I'd like to remind everyone, causing drama is against the rules (Rule 7), and I will be giving warnings out.

Thread also pruned of all drama posts.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.