1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Important [Patch] Clockwork 0.925

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by kurozael, Mar 9, 2015.

1. kurozael

kurozael Cloud Sixteen Director Staff Member Administrator Investor

I've put in an over-the-air patch to fix the RunConsoleCommand bug introduced by this GMod update, so it'll not display that error when creating a character now. Simultaneously, SQLite now works properly which is a plus. There are still some issues when Clockwork updates OTA to 0.925, but usually resolves itself when you restart your server. There are obviously still some bugs, such as the "lingering" color on the tab menu buttons but this is a GMod bug and hopefully will be fixed soon. Running pretty smoothly though and haven't experienced the crashes myself, however, I'm in the process of working on an over-the-air networking system to replace the current one so that'll randomly start taking effect over the next few days if the NWVar crashes aren't fixed by the Facepunch team before then.

2. iTitan

iTitan Clockwork Customer Active Member

will you ever add me so i can rage about the clockwork issues?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Restarted the server, now we're getting this:

tmysql callback failure: gamemodes/clockwork/framework/sv_kernel.lua:1366: attempt to index field 'cwCharacterList' (a nil value)

[ERROR] gamemodes/clockwork/framework/libraries/sv_player.lua:221: attempt to index local 'characters' (a nil value)
    1. CreateCharacterFromData - gamemodes/clockwork/framework/libraries/sv_player.lua:221
    2. unknown - gamemodes/clockwork/framework/sv_kernel.lua:3803
    3. func - gamemodes/clockwork/framework/libraries/sh_datastream.lua:89
    4. unknown - lua/includes/modules/net.lua:32

Still can't load characters.

4. Can you give us a possible estimate of how long the fix may take?

Minutes? Hours? Days? Weeks?

5. duck

duck Phant0m Legend

kurozael said he'll have a fix out within a few days if it's not officially fixed before then.

6. kurozael

I can't reproduce this issue as it's working fine on my dedicated server :/

7. Well, is there any way to fix said issue? That you know of. We effectively cannot load or create characters, and its only since the recent update. Literally, right after we restarted.

8. W1llz

W1llz PFG - Halo Roleplay Owner Clockwork Customer

My server won't even start now if the gamemode is set to clockwork and no update has been made to my server. Can you provide a manual install/link to the patch?

9. Bismarack

Bismarack The Roman days were the golden age. Clockwork Customer Active Member

Is the issue still happening? My server crashes every time I join.

10. duck

duck Phant0m Legend

Using the store version, I haven't had it crash.

11. Bismarack

Bismarack The Roman days were the golden age. Clockwork Customer Active Member

What's the difference between the store version and the one released over the air?

12. duck

duck Phant0m Legend

The store version isn't fixed, and the store version should auto update you anyways.

13. kurozael

Facepunch devs are working on a hotfix, it's in their hands pretty much. Many gamemodes are experiencing random crashes, especially Linux servers too.

14. W1llz

I have the store version... (0.92) and it does not work Duck

15. duck

duck Phant0m Legend

Well, it works for us, and not providing a console log for us is only further extending the amount of time that it will continue to not work for you.
    If you are experiencing problems with Clockwork not functioning as it should, always post a console log. Always always always.

16. And try to do these things before blaming CW being broken:
    • Try to launch without any addons. Could very well be one of your addons is causing your server to crash.
    • Try to reinstall the store version, start your server and let it update OTA. It will take a few map restarts for it to do this.

17. Sixx

Sixx roleplay crusader

Code:
    [Clockwork] The 'CalcView' hook failed to run.
    gamemodes/clockwork/framework/cl_kernel.lua:815: attempt to index field 'Client' (a nil value)
    [Clockwork] The 'Think' hook failed to run.
    lua/autorun/wac_aircraft_input.lua:156: Tried to use a NULL entity!
    [Clockwork] The 'CalcView' hook failed to run.
    gamemodes/clockwork/framework/cl_kernel.lua:8

Restarted and all. Got told in an e-mail not to open a ticket. Sorry if I'm just reiterating what you've probably heard a lot by now.

18. kurozael

Are you using an authed copy, because many of the fixes are being sent via CloudAuthX.

19. Sixx

Sixx roleplay crusader

I'll send you my serial key if you like? It's definitely a store copy, I pushed my copy of 0.88a away a long time ago.

20. W1llz

I'm getting this same exact error;

Previous Readers (Total: 0)