1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Project revived: rp_decocity

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Roby, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Yeah, you might remember me giving up on both the HL2RP map and the Cyberpunk map.

I revived the project, but instead, it'll be a dieselpunk themed map for CityRP, either darkRP or HL2RP. Here's the progress:
    As the title said, my canceled art-deco map project has now been revived, it will no longer serve as an exclusively HL2RP map, instead, It'll be useful for all types of roleplay that includes cityRP. Don't expect combine textures and tech around, but instead, expect everything a HL2RP map might ever need, including a Nexus (Police HQ) and plenty more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. sure, why not

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Some more photos:

[​IMG]

Expanded a bit the verticality of the map, players should be able to navigate between the two slums without necessarly being seen on the streets. (This is a view from the only accesible passage bridges you will see around the map for maximum dieselpunk feels)

[​IMG]
    Here you can see a smaller road leading towards the plaza, with two stores, (both which can act as a house and a store for it's owner). Planning on adding a few more around the map.

[​IMG]
    This is the sewage area from one of the slums, I took inspiration (and a few assets) from City45 because I liked the idea of people eventually establishing (building with props) a small shanty town here. This is also one of the ways into the sewer system.

[​IMG]
    This is one of the small compact apartments of the Plaza's two-story housing block ( only 4 apartments).

[​IMG]
    This is the entrance to the politically-oriented building, it's a four-story building that can very well act as the CWU HQ or the Town Hall etc... Might have to add more detail, but I'd like to leave enough room for players to decorate as they see fit.

[​IMG]
    The stairs in the previous photo lead to this level, which I'd like to design as a leisure area for the building's workers or citizens for revenue.

[​IMG]
    Taking the elevator to the next floor, you'll find yourself in the office room (needs more work, probably will remove those propper props and add something or decorate further, but i'd like the players to decorate their office as they see fit)

[​IMG]
    Next floor is an area with two rooms, designed to be used as offices for the higher hierarchy of the corporation/CWU/City Hall etc

And that's about it.

Bonus pic:
    [​IMG]

This is the public pool and sauna center under construction

I also changed the slums a bit, added a template for the other slums (which will feature a dock and shit like I17's beach)

4. Lioz

Lioz Clockwork Customer

That's look fucking great, please don't make an ridicilous big map.

5. I'm trying to

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. I've managed to continue some of the work on the map through my exams session and this is what happened:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. New Here's today's update, with dark undercity passages, public pool and 80's mafioso clubhouse:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. //waythink

//waythink Clockwork Customer Active Member

That was going amazingly great, I hope you'll revive the project again and finish it.

9. I keep becoming dissatisfied with the layout of the map, I cannot seem to find a way to combine good optimization layout with a rotating layout similar to the I7 one so I refrain my map from becoming too linear. I don't know what to do and in which direction to go anymore.

Same goes for the architectural style, I realized all too well that there's been too many damn architecture styles in one which is sore to the eye. I have to keep things neat.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Previous Readers (Total: 0)