1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Other Psychophobia

Discussion in 'Communities' started by simulacra, Jan 28, 2018.

1. [​IMG]

Fear of the mind.

You are a student at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. After placing your name in a university-authorized lottery, you and 19 others were chosen to observe a confidential experiment at the secretive Werner Psychological Institute.

The nature of the experiment is largely unknown, but the administration has given you the basics: it involves a new technology known as REMI, which provides researchers a noninvasive method of monitoring and mapping the pathways of the brain.

You find the Institute's secretive attitude to be rather strange, but as the day of the experiment draws near, you grow more and more excited.

Deep down, however, you know that something is off.

----------------

Psychophobia is an experimental episodic server currently being developed by @sparkz and myself. Psychophobia will take place over a series of "episodes", which will be scheduled at certain times and be several hours in length.

There is no current release date, but Sparkz and I are making great progress and we're confident that the server will be a quality experience for those who decide to join.

The server will be based around psychological horror and will include jumpscares, unsettling visuals, and disturbing sounds; basically, we're going to do everything in our power to scare the hell out of you.

In order to get a character, you must create an application. The application doesn't have to be very long; it simply must include your Steam name, Steam ID, your character's name, and a basic character bio. Applications will start before the official server launch; we'll announce when it's time to apply.

If you're interested and want to keep an eye on the server, join our Steam group. We'll be posting updates and announcements there and on this thread as well.

Thanks for reading!

----------------

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  2. [I:RP] Xeno

[I:RP] Xeno Active Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. WestCoastKillers

WestCoastKillers all links to the manifesto Clockwork Customer

if this uses default hl2rp assets im gonna do everything in my power to hate this server. otherwise, i hope it goes well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. what do u mean by default hl2rp assets?

5. SmallS

SmallS Clockwork Customer Active Member

sounds sick af. you better not fuck this up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Digital Junkie

Digital Junkie Active Member

HL2RP assets; the hl2rp intro screen, citizens faction with faction art
    [​IMG]

7. if we fuck this up, i will douse myself with gasoline and immolate myself in front of the white house. you have my word.
    oh yeah no, we're going to be utilizing custom assets.

8. chuck

chuck king of private sector Active Member

this sounds great. dont fuck it up

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Lt. Dan Taylor

Lt. Dan Taylor Active Member

there was a server similar to this that sparkz.us put up

didn't go too well at all

I hope this goes better, yes?

10. sparkz

sparkz FUCK! Clockwork Customer Active Member

I did an experimental Outlast RP almost a year ago if that is what you are referencing. While it was not perfect by any means, the feedback was generally positive for the time it was up. Regardless, this is story based, linear and private, rather than open world and open 24/7, and will be run completely differently.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. matlock

matlock Honorable Active Member

I gotta say, I'm not impressed with the application method. It's a hassle to have to register on a website. You better well do it like SD did it or you'd be turning away applicants.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. sparkz

Hmm, the forum permissions should allow unregistered users to reply on that specific thread. Could you try again and tell me if it works?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  13. thread permissions are correct now. you can reply without a forum account.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. matlock

matlock Honorable Active Member

Great. Good work.

• Like Like x 2
  15. thanks. could've sworn we set the permissions before. thanks for pointing it out. would've been a hassle for applicants, you're right.

16. sparkz

Currently working on a custom version of rp_neverlosehopehospital_v2u with all the textures from 2015 version of the mod Nightmare House 2 along with some other additions such as HDR, extra rooms. lights and an overall cleaner look, made specifically for this. Here is a little comparison photo:
    [​IMG]
    Edit:
    Map has been released here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1287736675

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  17. WestCoastKillers

WestCoastKillers all links to the manifesto Clockwork Customer

[​IMG]
    i [RATE] and [FAVORITED] it!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. support us on patreon to get a free minigun swep

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. sparkz

The first session is scheduled for Saturday (Feb. 3th) starting at 3:00 PM CST.
    Further information can be found here: http://sparkz.us/index.php?threads/welcome-to-the-institute.68/
    Applications for the Student and Guard role will close on that date (other roles may open later for those who miss the deadline).
    Edit:
    Date rescheduled to Saturday.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018