1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

[Release] Introductions

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by duck, Oct 25, 2014.

?

Should the plugin be released before all planned features are complete?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    75.9%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. duck

duck Phant0m Legend

Introduce your players to the universe your schema takes place in. Custom lore? Tell your players! The text is customizable through a .txt file, and it automatically wraps text that is too long.

[Preview] Introductions

Turn your volume up! Sorry for the low volume, you can actually set music to play during the introduction sequence, but my volume was really low, so crank that shit up. It's a soft song from HL2, so it's not going to suddenly blast your ears. The introduction only plays when it's their first time joining the server.

To-Do
    • Make it so that titles/headers use the information color (like the orange you see in the HL2 RP schema for some things).
    • Add schema logo at the center, and have the words cut off right before reaching the logo.
    I may or may not do the schema logo thing, but it'd be neat to put that in. It might make the text too hard to read though, since there'd be less room for it. Probably would make it a config option.

Download

PLACE IN YOUR SCHEMA'S PLUGIN FOLDER, NOT CLOCKWORK'S.

IMPORTANT: You must navigate to garrysmod/gamemodes/clockwork/framework/libraries/sh_plugin.lua and replace the contents of it with the contents found at the link below or the plugin will not work!

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/C...s/clockwork/framework/libraries/sh_plugin.lua

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2017
  2. ZeMysticalTaco

ZeMysticalTaco yo i'm a taco have some lunch Clockwork Customer

Re: [Preview] Introductions

shit you wont 1v1 me for this?

i can accept that, 10/10

3. cheese

cheese Active Member

So much win. Any expected release time?

EDIT: You should also add a button to the character menu that allows you to view it again in case it updated or you missed some of it.

4. NightAngel

NightAngel Fuck off Lev Active Member

I was going to make this. Fuck.

Good job, ducky.

5. Re: [Preview] Introductions

Jesus christ you just won c16

6. Re: [Preview] Introductions

Still has a painful lack of trains, disappointed

7. NightAngel

NightAngel Fuck off Lev Active Member

Maybe make an option for them to rewatch the introduction in the main menu.

8. Re: [Preview] Introductions

holy fucking shit

9. duck

duck Phant0m Legend

I'm not sure when it's gonna be ready. I'll make this a priority though, along with adding more things to the git.

I'll add a button to rewatch the intro. Maybe I'll be able to add support for images and different pages.

10. duck

duck Phant0m Legend

Added a poll: Should the plugin be released before all planned features are complete?

11. cheese

cheese Active Member

Big yes. People can simply check back and download updates.

12. Daemon01

Daemon01 I've covered in wars y'know. Active Member

magnificent.

13. duck

duck Phant0m Legend

I will release the plugin in about 3 hours, but it won't be abandoned development wise.

14. Sir Trolled

Sir Trolled Guest

Marry me, Duck. Please. I will do stuff.

Lovin' the plugins, man. Keep em' coming.

15. duck

duck Phant0m Legend

Change of plans, gotta fix a few things up. Sorry folks! Should be out soon.

16. cheese

cheese Active Member

Any news on this?

17. Lexou

Lexou If it's hostile, you kill it! Clockwork Customer

Woaw, that looks fucking amazing Duck !
    Can't wait for it to be released !

18. cheese

cheese Active Member

Release was due 9 days ago, according to earlier posts.

19. Crater

Crater Hostell Roleplay Active Member

Yes, because plugin authors are 100% required to release things to the community as soon as possible and on their expected due date.

Be patient. You aren't paying for anything here, these are free plugins. It's a hobby that some members of the community have taken up - not an obligation or occupation. If you can't wait, learn Lua and code it yourself. I can understand asking for an update on development or something like that, but getting impatient and snappy with your posts is not the way to go about it.

20. cheese

cheese Active Member

Where in my post did I say 'release the fucking plugin'? I wasn't being impatient or snappy, I was pointing out the fact that Duck said he'd release it 9 days ago, in hopes someone would notice and give perhaps some news on progress.

Previous Readers (Total: 0)