1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

HL2RP restitution.network

Discussion in 'Communities' started by BananasTheKing, Apr 6, 2018.

1. BananasTheKing

BananasTheKing Clockwork Customer

[​IMG]
    A New Take on the Classic Universe

The Story So Far
    The year is 2082. Twenty years after the Combine Multinational Beneficiary have succeeded in establishing their position of dominance over the human species, draining oceans of their resources, usurping mineral deposits and revoking the Earth of it's assets. The Metropolitic Authority are the peacekeeping jury of each capital city, numerated by a single or two digits. You are in City Two. Formerly known as Chicago, Illinois, this metropolis is now contained by a series of checkpoints & security borders. New arrivals are greeted by a weary, blonde-haired male onscreen, tattered American flags waving about in the wind. He spouts the typical Combine publicity spin, ending with an eery warning; "Be wise, be safe," he groans: "Be aware." Be aware indeed, civilian.

It's not safe here.

Cont.
    Hello, Cloud Sixteen. This is my first time writing a community thread, so bear with me here.

Restitution Network is designed to give an atmosphere of brutality as well as uncertainty to the world of Half-Life 2, based on modifications to the game such as FakeFactory's Cinematic Mod, and Der Schwarze Nebel, a Half-Life 2 Beta recreation. This /is/ heavily plot related, obviously attempting to sway the plot in your own character's favor will result in consequences.

[​IMG]
    The Metropolitic Enforcement Authority, more commonly referred to as Metropolice or Metrocops, are the judicial branch of the Combine Overwatch forces. With a swagger in their step, they guard the farthest reaches of City Two, be it high or low. They're labelled from u7-u1, similar to an older community titled Omega Nine.

[​IMG]
    The Overwatch Terran Alliance is a single branch of the naval fleet of the Overwatch command. Automatic rifles in hand, they act as reinforcement to Metropolitic enforcers, as well as military sentinels to Overwatch command-points. You can expect them to roleplay not as your everyday 'robotic' transhuman, that's not what we're going for here. We encourage the ability for all of the main whitelisted factions to act simply as a support to the main star of the show,

[​IMG]
    Civilians are the most important faction of any Half-Life 2 Roleplay server, and it goes to show here. Here in this universe, we operate under the assumption that players will group up, working together to meet their goals. Think of Dungeons & Dragons in this aspect. We also understand if some individuals wish to venture on their own, and we will accommodate for this scenario by splitting up our team to various sections of the map for this very purpose.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  2. Lt. Dan Taylor

Lt. Dan Taylor Active Member

Just to clarify, is this a normal City setup? Or anything different?

Being a normal city server is not a negative, but besides the flavor changes with the naming and time-period.. Is there anything else?

Does the server have any features aswell?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Aspect

Aspect Who I am depends on who you learn it from. Active Member

:agree:
    It does sound interesting and the thread is, in my opinion, better than most starter threads but you didn't really tell us what other factions exist. Or anything else special that the server has. Because right now it just looks like a simple reskin.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. This looks pretty interesting, I really liked Der Schwarze Nebel as it had all the good parts of FakeFactory. Regardless of features though I'm interested in seeing a HL2 CRP server that is promising at driving a narrative more than anything. Sounds dope.

@BananasTheKing Try explaining more about the features you're advertising. (Gameplay, Attributes, Weapons, Any custom things).

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. BananasTheKing

I really appreciate all the feedback! Right now, the gameplay is very similar to your standard server; nothing /special,/ but it's definitely not vanilla either. You're going to see a lot of mishmashing of features from other popular servers such as a clothing system, with custom sounds for equipping, and using RealCS guns from Counter Strike: Source. In this universe, Combine infantry don't really use things like pulse-rifles, energy equipment, or anything like that. The most accurate thing you'd see in that regard is that they still use the same types of batteries for charging their suits. You'll instead see modern weapons, things like M16s, P228s, etc. Hence the RealCS system!

Other features include, as stated, a narrative-point that affects all civilians; so I guess you could say we're civvie-biased? I don't know. We're operating under the point that factions like MEA & OTA are more roleplay supplements to aid the 'main quest' of sorts. There is in fact another faction, we've actually mashed the Civil Workers' Union with Proselytes from the nebulous.cloud franchise. I know, I know. Before you all get your basket of tomatoes to throw at me, it /will/ make more sense in the future, it's not like they're gonna have fully-automatic weaponry straight off the train.

Right now, the most obvious thing you'll see straight in the main menu is a custom font, gradient & other variable things. Which is pretty easy to do, so I don't expect some of the veterans here to be impressed by that, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyhow.

• Like Like x 2
  6. BananasTheKing

We're actually gonna have three 'Arcs' so to speak. Taking place over the course of a period of time.
    City, Canal-Station & the Barrens. Multiple 'parts' will be between these, major story events & such.

7. WestCoastKillers

WestCoastKillers all links to the manifesto Clockwork Customer Active Member

<:: Citizen. Stop. I am Metropolitic Police!

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. BananasTheKing

Yea', our people don't do that. I've specifically removed the more common 'cringe' voice binds for this very reason.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Reagent

Reagent The Reagent Menace Active Member

I like the focus on a overarching story, seems most hl2rp servers are void of this and the roleplay turns into rudimentary & boring city roleplay. Hopefully the story is fleshed out and finds a way to make the server fun for everyone involved.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. BananasTheKing

I'll certainly do my best.

11. dead flag blues

dead flag blues "...ours is a world of nuclear giants..." Clockwork Customer Active Member

Where's the Ryan Gosling character auth?

12. He's the main character. So you know it's gonna be a great story.

13. BananasTheKing

Donate $10 dollars for Ryan Gosling & PAC flags to give him glowing eyes. :^) /s

14. SireElite

SireElite what's the big fucking deal? Active Member

when do we expect a release?
    it's dope tho, i'll drop by.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. BananasTheKing

If things go well & as planned, then you'll be surprised tomorrow. :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Vented

Vented Guest

vort speak finally coming to action

17. BananasTheKing

Yes yes, of course. :p

18. Digital Junkie

Digital Junkie Active Member

Finally a good hl2.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. BananasTheKing

What time would be best for most here, so I can adjust to peoples' schedules? I'm thinking perhaps 4-5pm Mountain Time? Something around then, maybe.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BananasTheKing

Attention, people! We're planning to launch in one hour! 6:00 CST; 5:00 MST!

• Like Like x 2

Previous Readers (Total: 0)