1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Atomic Roleplay Network

Discussion in 'Communities' started by Gregory, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Gregory

Gregory Gregvestory Investor Clockwork Customer Active Member

[​IMG]

Roleplay Network is a new community within the Garry's Mod scene. Hoping to bring fresh experience in existing and new game-modes. The first planned server for Roleplay Network is a Clock Work Atomic based one. We operate with a fair but firm method, making sure rules are adhered too otherwise you will be punished, combing this with our content and servers we hope to achieve a good level of serious role-play. We are a mainly EU based community but our doors are open to any one from around the world if they can speak fluent English. We currently only plan to operate the one server but plan to add mini servers to our network, such as Deathrun, TTT, Surf in a rotation system, along side our main Fallout themed server. These will sometimes change to certain game modes (or other games) for our hosted gaming nights.

[​IMG]

Some of our main features for our Atomic server will include (but are not limited too) ;

- A Player driven Economy (Relying on crafting, player trading, world loot)
    - Realistic medical system with compatible armour etc (Developed Exclusively for RPN)
    - In-depth currency system staying true to Fallout however branching off in areas
    - Large selection of weapons from various Fallout titles
    - Large map developed around Fallout 3's world, and possibly onto New Vegas's in the future
    - Player Driven Events (Explained more in Story / Lore)
    - Realistic weather & Lighting Effects
    - Questing system
    - Realistic & in-depth looting system (Loot depending on what type of building / area you are in)
    - In-depth crafting system
    - Endless role-play opportunities

[​IMG]

To start with on the Atomic server there will be a basic outline of Story / Lore set out for players to if they wish play along to, however if they choose to create or adapt their own stories they are more then encouraged too. The story will be revealed shortly before launch.

The way Story and Lore will work on the server is going to be massively player dependent. If factions are finding themselves in constant battles then future events may be related to them events, for example a large scale war, or a political meeting event held between Factions to try and resolve problems ongoing. The way these decisions are made by Factions or by general survivors can have the possibility to effect everyone. Of course if things are becoming a toxic case then administration will step in and amend things. The outcome of events will also effect things, whether it be anything from how the world is accessed (radiation zones after a nuke, weapons be less available due to a large base attack on a certain faction, or currency being inflated etc)

Essentially we want to hand the Story & Lore to our players to mould and decide for themselves how things should go, this allows us to continue a good healthy story line for the server without the need to do seasons / episodes of the server.

[​IMG]

Although the server will be running a Fallout 3 inspired map, we will not be restricting Factions to Fallout 3 one's only. However to start with initially there will only be a few Factions in addition to the general survivor role, I will say you do not HAVE to be in a Faction to have a good time though. There will be plenty to do as a lone survivor or in your own small group. Who knows we may even introduce custom Factions that aren't actually within the Fallout lore.

To start with however the key Factions will be as follows ;

- Survivors
    - Brotherhood of Steel
    - NCR
    - The Enclave

More will come in due time to fit the population etc.

Thank you very much for reading this and if you have any questions please feel free to ask them either on this post or directly to me through a PM or through my Steam. Please also register to our website and be ready for release early February.

Gregory - Founder @ Roleplay Network

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  2. Aspect

Aspect Damn, okay. Active Member

Be ready for it to be locked.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Staff Member Head Moderator Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

if you're not playing roleplay-network, you're not playing roleplay

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Gregory

Jesus Christ

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Gregory

Thread has been modified and improved for Atomic.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Sixx

Sixx presidential #1 Staff Member Manager Legend Crusader Active Member

You have some really cool features but a lot of this is just buzzwords in my opinion,
    Any good server should do this, tell us more about what your method actually is?
    This always sounds nice but is very population dependent and hardly ever works - you WILL need NPC traders to even start this off, trust me.
    Meaning? How will it branch off?
    is this a map you’ve had someone make or are you plucking rp_fallout3 from the workshop?
    In depth how? Do you have any screenshots?
    This right here, this ain’t it chief. Every server boasts this, how are you going to make sure this happens?

Your entire section on the story is also very lazy, where is the server set? What time period? What happened before the server to make it where it is now? What state are the factions starting out in? You need to clarify these things to generate interest; if you throw down the gauntlet to the players and say “make your own shit up” without giving them any foundations you’re going to have a bad time. You need to develop a past so your players can develop the future.

Other than that, the thread looks nice, you’re on the right path and I wish you the best of luck my guy.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gregory

Hi Sixx,

Thanks for the comment mate, nice to see someone have a good list put together with some feedback, to answer your questions;

1. I suppose this is something we have to show good practice of to show what I actually mean, if I'm honest I simply mean it as being on top as a staff team, and making the rules a bit more stricter then to what other places are like, I have a firm background of Hardcore / Serious rp in other games and want to adapt that into this server. Aside from me saying "being very firm with rules" and what's accepted on rp, I can't think of much more to say on that one

2. I should of mentioned, we will have NPC traders for the whole time the servers up unless there is a solid reason to remove them, they will however only provide certain things such as essentials to survival etc

3. Essentially meaning like in Fallout games you have pre war currency, just adding more value to that then what is seen in the original game, also making certain items be used as a currency or be able to be traded in for a big amount of caps, making it so not only caps are the only thing people have for monetary purchases in the world.

4. You are correct, we will be starting with rp_fallout3 However! Now when I say this I mean it, i'm not just saying it as an advertisement, we are (already) in talks with a mapping developer or two about getting a completely new map designed for us, that will allow us to keep it updated and modify it in the future.

5. In-depth meaning there are many, many recipes for different things, as such you will need to craft gun parts individually etc. I currently don't have screen shots as I'm finalizing the recipes etc, however like in Fallout 4 or 3 to craft certain items you will have to be near a workbench, that kind of system.

6. I agree with you on this, however I did state this will be detailed shortly before launch, I am still working on / getting advice from others on building our Foundation story, as i'm sure you agree it is going to be a key part of the Server, especially when it initially kicks off. Please just bare with me for the Story / Lore as I want too fine tune it before I confirm anything. I can ensure though that there will be foundations for players, and factions.

Thanks

8. Gregory

Update : I'll be announcing a official release date this Friday. As well as detailing more on the Story and opening up Faction Leader applications.

9. SwagstylerS

SwagstylerS Clockwork Customer

Just found this post. Looks really cool and I'm sure I'll hop on some time. (Is this US based tho?)
    EDIT: NVM I am stoopid.

10. Gregory

Releasing 15th February.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Savvyge Investments

Savvyge Investments Clockwork Customer

I bet 10$ it won't be up ;]

12. Gregory

What makes you say that?

13. Savvyge Investments

Well if you really want to know, you've posted "Roleplay Network" in several areas on the internet for the past few months, saying the same things.
    I've yet to see anything tangible other than this daydream you have of owning and operating a Roleplay Community.

It's beautiful don't get me wrong, and by all means keep chasing it until your server opens, and embrace the throne and deploy the right moves that will sculpt your community into this dream of yours.

but hot damn boy get it done already, (Good luck on the 15th!)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gregory

I've ran multiple successful Roleplay communities in Arma 3 so I don't have any daydreams.

I get what you're saying but i've actually only said i'd be opening a server twice, once about HL2RP and now this. I've gone alot further with this then the previous as I did alot of analysing and stuff for HL2RP and it just isn't worth it and I didn't have any faith in it doing well if i'm honest. I prefer Fallout in general a lot more and I feel it has more opportunity then HL2RP. I also haven't bothered kicking stuff off as I've had alot of stuff IRL that I was focusing on and dedicated the time I had to that instead of Gmod. I wont go through and make a server if I don't feel like I will enjoy it or I don't see potential in it.

I also want to make a bit of a disclaimer, people for some reason are expecting a lot from my community because of well ..... I don't even know. The name? It turned into a "kind of meme" and people often mention it a lot so people kind of are expecting it to be something god like (We can hope) Everything revolving around the community hasn't been because i've bigged it all up, i've not actually made any huge claims about what this community will deliver, people are just kind of expecting it because it's a frequent topic on different forums etc.

Sorry for derailing what you originally said, I do completely agree with you, I need to get shit done and stop speaking of it and start doing it. Which hopefully this will be it.

15. Savvyge Investments

all good man, focus and roll something out you can be proud of. Big day is right around the corner.

reminds me of this

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Savvyge Investments

17. Michael Sandwich

Michael Sandwich Get your free TVs! Active Member

where's the server wtf!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. ShadowUnholy

ShadowUnholy Professional Nepper Active Member

I agree, open server

19. Michael Sandwich