1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Sixx 4 Manager

Discussion in 'Casual Discussion' started by Sixx, Jan 18, 2019.

?

Vote 4 Sixx

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No (but also Yes)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sixx

Sixx presidential #1 Legend

upload_2019-1-18_19-14-32.png
    Hi
    I've been on C16 a very long time now, six(x) years, seven if you include the time in 2012 where I just lurked around and didn't post much. I've been roleplaying since 2011, where I was lucky to get 20FPS on 30 slot servers back on OpenAura using rp_city18. Times were simple then. The RP community grew massively when Clockwork came out; I dare say the upgrade to Gmod 13 allowed for so much new stuff to be done and added, and the inclusion of the workshop instead of the toybox and fastDL, as well as the increase in availability for servers and the commercialization of Clockwork meant that HL2RP and all associated schemas were allowed to grow in popularity, so much to the point that if you bought Garry's Mod, you'd more than likely find yourself in a HL2RP server at some point. Same as TTT, DarkRP, Hide and Seek, HL2RP remains the staple of Garry's Mod roleplay, and its success will hopefully be replicated in S&Box.

C16 as a community has followed in its footsteps, growing in massive numbers since 2013. The forums were alive and well, people posted daily and there was an abundant sense of a real community, toxic at times though it was. The forums have irrefutably died out in more ways than one since then; no more communities are advertising on the boards, there's no private sect, there are no exclusive titles, no incentive to post or get active on the forums anymore. I myself find little reason to check up on the forums out of anything other than boredom, and the hope that maybe something has been posted that I can get in on, but there never is.

Now, not to say that @robot hasn't done a good job of being manager (though I don't really know what it is he's done since becoming manager), but I haven't seen any improvements.
    upload_2019-1-18_19-24-1.png

Most users online in 2016.
    There's no activity anymore. There's nothing.
    I'd like to try and change that.

As manager, there's a few things I'd like to do to upgrade the forums and hopefully reinvigorate this community I've spent so many years of my life involved with, these include (but aren't limited to);
    • Bringing back titles
    • Remaking private sectors
    • More boards for more topics
    • Updated forum theme
    • Open possibilities for another official server
    • More reactions
    • Bring back game nights (and actually do them this time)
    • Board moderators
    • Competitions (of some kind, open to discussion)
    • Whatever you guys would suggest, I'm more than open to take in requests from the community and do my best to implement them.
    Nobody appears to want to try and bring the old forum feel back, so why not take a chance? Vote for Sixx. Let's get this bread, roleplayers...

• Winner x 4
    • Disagree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. Michael Sandwich

Michael Sandwich Get your free TVs! Active Member

3. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Staff Member Head Moderator Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

the only reason these forums even still exist is for support and bug tracking, nothing else. when s&box is released to the beta testers (ie. kuro) the forums will be wiped and rebranded, basically a fresh start.

getting new staff members will fix nothing when kuro actively wants this forum to die so C16 can move on.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sixx

Gmod is dead, but the forums don't need to die. The S&Box community will probably flock to C16, sure, but to what end? What about all of the people who have supported C16 and kuro in the last ten years? As long as the forums are still operating and the schemas are available for purchase, kuro isn't actively making any effort to kill the community, and I'd like to do something to re-invigorate the community so that when S&Box does roll around we still have a strong foundation to start with and the old members like us aren't made to feel forgotten about. I'm not willing to suspend my disbelief to the idea that kuro is perfectly willing to wipe everything C16 has ever been just because S&Box will bring about new players. C16 has a legacy behind it now, and I intend to make sure that legacy remains when S&Box is released.

Plus, there's absolutely no guarantee that C16 will become the proprietary community for roleplaying. With S&Box's new engine, anyone can make shit, and in C#, which is easy as fuck. If C16 wants to retain its demographic then effort has to be put in to make sure the hundreds and thousands of members who have visited C16 come back when the time comes, and right now, that doesn't look likely at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Staff Member Head Moderator Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

you'll have to take that up with kuro, he only keeps the forums up for support now according to him. his words, not mine. the legitimacy behind them is obscured, sure, but what he said is what he said.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sixx

I'd love to have a conversation with him about it in Discord or something, if only I could get ten minutes of his time.

7. Aspect

Aspect Damn, okay. Veteran Active Member

The almighty kurozael does not waste his time talking to peasants like you, peasant.

8. Sixx

Nah I've spoken to kuro quite a few times in the last year or so, he's a busy guy. I don't blame him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Aberidius

Aberidius Chief Technology Officer Staff Member Administrator Store Support Active Member

I think you'd be a nice addition to C16 as a Manager. I'm not sure where kuro stands until we get closer to S&Box and Sundial.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Aspect

Aspect Damn, okay. Veteran Active Member

You mean 'Your Mom'?
    [​IMG]

11. alexanderk

alexanderk a Templar

12. Sixx

Maybe read the thread?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Schulze35

Schulze35 At 23, I bought it all just to make sure. Clockwork Customer Active Member

Fuck yeah man. I hate seeing C16 die like this....

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Yo, whats up Sixx and other dudes. Whats going on. I've decided it's about time I return, now that it seems Cloudsixteen is the last bastion of roleplay (S&Box). This should be an interesting new chapter in my life. C16 is the only forum that doesn't have abusive moderators, so I kinda like that. It's pretty rad and well, I'm just going to say it. Pmeta is filled with abusive agsty teenagers that need to chill. We'll have order, peace, and prosperity in C16 so lets get it on boys. Anyone here want to play some Arma 3, Milsims are my thing now. :rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Sixx

Why can't pmeta and c16 just be two co-existing entities? Not sure what the point of your entire post was other than to be an xD epic gamer boy.

• Box Box x 2
  16. Sup, Sizz.

17. ○Frix

○Frix Clockwork Customer Active Member

Honestly, i don't have anything against @robot but like you said, from what i see, little to nothing chas changed or improved since he's manager

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Sixx

Vote yes on the poll homie.

19. Gregory

Gregory Money Mayweather Investor Clockwork Customer Active Member

Would be good for this to happen to be honest, But i've spoke to kuro about this time and time again, especially when offering to invest big amounts to make it work, and he just doesn't seem interested at all for stuff to get going here again ... yet? ...

Best of luck mate, if this does happen it'll be interesting.

20. robot

robot Administrator Staff Member Administrator Store Support Clockwork Customer

I don't know either.

I got told that I got my forum status upgraded to Admin, but I got Manager instead.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019

Previous Readers (Total: 0)