1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Sixx 4 Manager

Discussion in 'Casual Discussion' started by Sixx, Jan 18, 2019.

?

Vote 4 Sixx

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No (but also Yes)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sixx

Sixx presidential #1 Legend

Vote for me and I’ll make sure you retain mod position should you wanna keep it. Sounds dumb/counter intuitive to ask the manager to vote for a guy to take his position but if you didn’t ask for it and you don’t particularly want it then let me step up to the plate man.

+ You’ve already done a far better job than Vonel ever did :^)

2. Aberidius

Aberidius Chief Technology Officer Staff Member Administrator Store Support Active Member

I get that people say C16 is dead, but clearly it isn't since there's still people around. I think it's a nice initiative to start working towards a revival and I hope it turns out well. I'm all down for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Sly

Sly Some kinda Sly? Clockwork Customer Active Member

@Sixx cider 2 revival when??? ;) Hats off to ya

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sixx

Vote for me and find out ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Schulze35

Schulze35 At 23, I bought it all just to make sure. Clockwork Customer Active Member

Ayyy Good to see you

6. alexanderk

alexanderk a Templar

For what reason does this forum need a revival? I read your posts, but I didn't see any proper points on why the forums should be revived. Other forums exist. Discord exists. Why put effort into reviving a community that the owner does not (yet) want to revive? People have tried before, and failed. It's inevitable that things die eventually if there is not enough interest in it, this may just be one of those things.

Let's go through your items:
    • Bringing back titles
    How is this going to help the forum in any shape or form, exactly?
    • Remaking private sectors
    Yeah, these worked so well last time. It was a circlejerk cringefest where people posted instead of actually using the public forum. It serves the community in no way.
    • More boards for more topics
    More boards without replies and threads!
    • Updated forum theme
    I mean ok
    • Open possibilities for another official server
    Yet another server to die within half a year?
    • More reactions
    Again, why do we need this?
    • Bring back game nights (and actually do them this time)
    Better places for this exist.
    • Board moderators
    For what threads? We barely had enough content back in the active days to justify having board-specific moderators. There's a reason I stopped doing them.
    • Competitions (of some kind, open to discussion)
    This is for most communities a last ditch effort to generate actual people being interested.
    • Whatever you guys would suggest, I'm more than open to take in requests from the community and do my best to implement them.
    My suggestion: stop trying so hard. I get that people liked C16, I used to do that too. It has had its moment, just like many other communities in the past. Other, more active places exist; and to be honest? I don't feel like forums are the way to do this kind of community anymore. It's Discord or the plethora of other options; it's much more real time and engaging, and more convenient to use if you have notifications on than checking a bunch of forums.

Bottom line: I get where people are coming from with this, but it's a dead horse that for some reason people refuse to let go

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Gregory

Gregory Money Mayweather Investor Clockwork Customer Active Member

8. ShadowUnholy

ShadowUnholy Professional Nepper Active Member

Where's the fuck off poll option?

• Box Box x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Gregory

hahahaha fuck sake

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Sixx

Because as much as people hate to admit it, people only used to post as much as they did because the artificial sense of accomplishment they got when they finally got that coveted Crusader/Legendary title was worth posting, and posting meant that more people would reply. It's an incentive you can't deny worked in the past.
    Private sectors were funny as hell and gave people a place to shitpost to their heart's desire. I was bullied in the private sector and I still enjoyed it. It's a god damn forum.
    C16 is dead? Weird man, it's almost like I said the exact same thing in my OP and it's something I'd like to fix. Totally weird.
    Open possibilities for a new server != another C16 roleplay server.
    Why not?
    Sure they do. Doesn't mean C16 can't have them too.

I get what you're saying, I am beating a dead horse, but I care about this community. Fuck, I've cared about this community for a long god damn time, and I hate to see it in the position it's in right now. It pains me knowing that the legacy C16 has will just be wiped away in the gamble that S&Box will revive it. I have spare time, and it doesn't hurt to try. I'm not going to be able to kill the forum any more than it already has been, so why not? Why not let me try to make it better with what time we have before S&Box? If it's seriously such a bad thing, and someone can explain to me why exactly trying to make C16 a better place is completely a bad idea, then I'll get the hint and I'll just leave the forums and I won't look back. But until somebody does that, I'd like to try and make this forum seem like the old forum I used to look forward to checking every morning. If the forums are really that dead, then why bother coming back?

Pretty sure you're only salty because I banned you from eve for acting like an 8 year old :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. ShadowUnholy

Wah what, no no. No I'm not, that was like 2 Years ago.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Sixx

It was in 2018 but ok sure

• Good Coder Good Coder x 1
  13. Aspect

Aspect =) Veteran Active Member

Feeding a fed horse* !!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. EliTheGamerFTW

EliTheGamerFTW Clockwork Customer Active Member

yes

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sixx

Bump, let’s get some more votes going if we can.

16. ShadowUnholy

I would vote but there are only Yes options, though I would like to see a change in C16

17. Aspect

Aspect =) Veteran Active Member

You got 20 people to vote, that's pretty good for C16's current state lmao

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Gregory

Even if this gets approved, it'd take kuro ages to get it all set up, he can't be arsed or is too busy lol, he ain't even seen the thread nvm get it setup

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. kurozael

kurozael Cloud Sixteen Director Staff Member Administrator Investor Crusader Templar

I don't have time to organise this at the moment, but yes, fine, eventually. It'll have to wait until I come back from London mid-February.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Schulze35

Schulze35 At 23, I bought it all just to make sure. Clockwork Customer Active Member

Fucking Hell Aspect is hot

• Funny Funny x 1

Previous Readers (Total: 0)