1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Star Wars Battlefront 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Blizzard, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Blizzard

Blizzard C16 Support Manager Store Support Clockwork Customer Active Member

Have you guys played the beta? It is super fun... much MUCH better than the first one EA made. It is still in open beta, just head to origin to download it

2. Zig

Zig Active Member

No I play the one from 2005 that recently just got multiplayer again

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blizzard

Oh shit it did? I remember having to use GameRanger to play that.

4. Rhenz

Rhenz What Comes Next? Honorable Active Member

I don't like it enough to pay full price, and I think the beta is boring after a couple hours because it's the same few maps. Beyond that I think the game is incredibly balanced towards the defensive side, and that offensive usually get shafted. (Out of 10 games on Naboo, as the Confederacy, I won once.)

5. Blizzard

Well yeah, it's a beta. I am still going to get it because I think they have plenty of room to improve between when the beta closes and when the game releases, which I believe they will. Some pretty good points you have though.

6. Rhenz

Rhenz What Comes Next? Honorable Active Member

Of course, that's a given. Wished they would've included another map with different factions. Obviously I understand why, but, I can only play so much roger roger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

The loot box system is a big nono from me. Think i'll pass on this one.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. kief

kief kind bud Manager

loot box system isnt that bad imo, im gonna get the game after a week or two after release to see how the reviews are.

beta is lit, game runs like battlefield and it may be recycled play, but its fun still. the game looks good too, even if it is disney canon

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Lev

Lev certified honorable guy Honorable Active Member

kotor era when?

i'm definitely going to get the game after a few weeks of it being out, just so I can read enough articles about "what changed since the beta?" and see if it's still worth getting. i'm having a fucking blast though, surprisingly

10. kief

kief kind bud Manager

we're never going to get a kotor/swotor era battlefront game if swotor is still up n' shit.

there is also the fact that ea is trying to capitalize on this whole star wars fervor, i mean just look at the banner image for the fucking game on the beta and look who talks during the intro of the game. they prob wanna hold up with recognizable stuff so they can hit on that whole pop culture goldmine, and trust me when i say that no casual observer sees kotor/swotor and thinks "wow! old republic!"

though it'd be nice to see hk-47 as a hero :(

11. Lev

Lev certified honorable guy Honorable Active Member

oh yeah, I know LOL. it's a real shame that Disney would rather shun KOTOR era, imo if they started capitalizing the KOTOR era and maybe reinstate certain elements of that era as canon, it would probably be only beneficial to them. would be hella cool to see some characters from KOTOR in this game, but I know it's not going to happen.

also if someone can factcheck me real quick, isn't the Mandalorian Wars (from KOTOR era) canon, but Revan/Malak aren't? that doesn't make much sense to me.

e: thinking about it, if they did implement the KOTOR era, they'd have so much to work on in terms of heroes, locations, etc

12. kief

kief kind bud Manager

kotor/swotor, the mandalorian wars, revan, and malak are all put under the era of the old republic, but it stretches extremely far in terms of how close you get to anything that disney is trying to get on for the game, ie, the clone wars which in itself is a pretty drawn out conflict up until the transfer into the galactic empire.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Reagent

Reagent The Reagent Menace Active Member

you'll never see another star wars crpg, sadly. it isn't a popular genre for gaming right now and disney/EA would rather pump out battlefronts & mobile games then a kotor.

anyways i hope bf2 actually stays popular umlike the previous one. i remember within 2 months the population for pc was at 7k and then a few months later it was 2k

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I haven't played the beta, but did say to myself that I'd wait till the game's released fully before I would play it.

Didn't want any hype to build and become disappointed with any final result. To be honest, I'm seriously going to enjoy it... however, Knowing EA, they're usually predictable when they state they won't add anything specific in like DLCs or season passes, but put a catch in saying you'd need to play <insert endless amounts of hours here> for specific unlocks to be obtainable... or spend a hefty price more for instant access, hmmm?

But hey, here's hoping that's going to be far better than the first Battlefront EA created.