1. Check out the store if you're looking to buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the wiki or post in the support forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Important The Rating System

Discussion in 'Forum Rules' started by Sixx, Sep 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sixx

Sixx Keep it clean! Active Member

This is a bit of a weird call to make, but over a good amount of time now, we as moderators have been observing and taking note of how frequently the rate system is abused by certain individuals in the community. We're not naming names, but three people have been consequentially banned for either necrovoting, spamming, or just generally making light of a feature that we grant to you as a way to encourage you and, moreover, to give you incentive to write meaningful posts and/or give your opinion without having to make in unnecessary posts. It's gotten to the point now where we need to crack down on it; we don't want to act like overlords or abusive parents taking your toys away, but if you can't respect what you're granted then we're not gonna respect your right to use it.

That being said, you might think it's just a trivial thing; being able to rate a post (or more than one post (or several hundred posts)) isn't that big a deal. Well, that may be the case, it is the Internet, this is just a forum, but that's far from a justification. It's against the rules and it gets you banned.

So, consider this both as a warning and a plead to be mindful of what you're rating; don't necrovote (rating a post older than six weeks), don't votespam, don't unnecessarily or excessively rate posts without justification (I.e, rating a post about a TV show "Good Coder" or rating a personal post dumb for teh lulz.)

Thanks for reading, have a good day!

• Good Coder Good Coder x 7
  2. Sixx

I'm also writing this at 12am and I've had around five hours sleep these past two days, so I'm sorry if my grammar is off or I'm just not making any sense. Hopefully the message remains clear.

• Good Coder Good Coder x 4
  3. Zig

Zig quit your job Active Member

this is unnecessary
    "we as moderators have been observing and taking note of how frequently the rate system is abused by certain individuals in the community"
    then handle the people who are doing it and stop making useless PSAs
    no words need to be said when everyone knows little jimmy got banned for triggering idiots who take disagree ratings on a roleplay forum to heart

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Good Coder Good Coder x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  4. Arcade

Arcade Lavender Staff Member Moderator

It happens occassionally but lately it has been happening a whole lot and the people who do it are in no way troublemakers. It's just a way of letting people know that "hey, that's not okay" - some people might just not be conscious of certain rules.

• Good Coder Good Coder x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. cash wednesday

cash wednesday Prototype Project Staff Member Manager

It's more of a gut reaction to the sudden influx of good coders.

• Good Coder Good Coder x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sixx

"This deterring post about abusing the rate system is unnecessary."
    "Handle the situation."

Make up your mind.

7. Zig

Zig quit your job Active Member

completely ignoring the fact that i told you you're not handling the situation by making this
    my mind was made up
    lets not make drama on a super duper PSA though
    :rolleyes:

8. Sixx

Whatever your opinion is, the point of the post still stands; don't break the rules, don't get B&. I don't see why you're picking arguments over an effort to reinforce the rules.

Previous Readers (Total: 0)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.