1. Check out the store if you're looking to buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the wiki or post in the support forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

HL2RP Unique Feature Ideas

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by CQBganer, Jan 12, 2017 at 12:16 AM.

1. CQBganer

CQBganer 'Insert Community Name Here' HL2RP Manager Clockwork Customer Active Member

Hello everyone. As part of my goal to #MakeABetterHL2RPServer I am looking for suggestions. What are some features that you would like to see in an HL2RP server that would make it unique and attractive to players? Im open to any REASONABLE suggestions, be it custom plugins, or just the way things run in the server.

2. CPT. Maxii

CPT. Maxii Clockwork Customer Active Member

Something different then HL2rp.
    Challenge yourselves, there's so many "unique fun hl2rps" out there. Go try something else.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sly

Sly Life is wasted on the living. Clockwork Customer Active Member

Are there really though? When did they become fun?

Anyways, If you really want something special, you have to plan it out and give it time to grow. So often these days, kids just buy hl2rp, slap on a few basic plugins, and have the server launched in 2 days. When you rush something like that it becomes unbaked and quickly fails to attract the attention of anyone that is still searching for a decent community. Put some time and thought into your staffing situation as well; These are the people that will be representing your community name while you are away, you don't want someone else tarnishing your qualityRP because you hired some 13 year old DvL that minges around the entire map.

Lastly, just create something that seems fun to you and your friends. Everyone always worries about having the Biggest and Baddest community and it has become so rare to find an owner that actually enjoys working on things for the server.

Even though C16 has become a meme shitstorm over the last few years, there are still quite a few people willing to help out new server owners looking to make their mark in the RP Community. Feel free to message some of us here and get input :) I can personally be added at /id/sly775

4. zoid

zoid Active Member

HL2RP isn't the most popular role playing game mode out there. Infact I find it the most boring kind of RP. Usually small communities get overpowered and a lot of problems stack onto servers. Like CPT. said, make something that strays away from the usual HL2RP setting otherwise it will just be labeled as the generic thing and won't appeal to new players. They'll join, walk around a bit, find no one to RP or worse case scenario have all the players circle jerking in bases, and then leave.

Sad truth but it happens and even now if you go look under the CW:HL2RP in GMod you'll find only about four servers higher than 2 players, and that's out of a 40 server pool.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. CQBganer

CQBganer 'Insert Community Name Here' HL2RP Manager Clockwork Customer Active Member

Alright. So do you suggest customizing the schema into something else, or just change it into a unique version of HL2RP thats not cityRP?

6. zoid

zoid Active Member

Customizing the schema into something else.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Doris

Doris bad manager of cloudsixteen Active Member

How about not wasting your time on a dead gamemode flooded with children and horny teenagers.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Good Coder Good Coder x 1
  8. zoid

zoid Active Member

thanks for a dumbed down version of my point, fucker

9. Doris

I'm talking about Serious Roleplay as a whole. It's garbage and no matter how many times a bunch of idiots get together and proclaim "we'll make rp great again!! trust us we're the best community!!" -- It'll continue to go down the tubes. Invest your time in something else rather than the drama & erp ridden cesspool that's Serious Roleplay.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Navy Seal

Navy Seal Clockwork Customer

very constructive response friend! you're awesome!

It doesn't matter if the gamemode is "dead". I've seen good HL2RP styled roleplay servers remain standing for long periods of time, but how you choose to form your opinion on HL2RP is up to you. Its a matter of effort. You only find dead servers with children and horny teenagers because owners don't put in the effort, rather they focus on wanting a chance at power and influence in a community where they can say "my rules retard xddd". If he wants to put in the effort, I don't see anything wrong with attempting to change things up.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Doris

Except his attempts at changing things up will amount to nothing. The average HL2RP player wont bat an eye because not only is it different but it's not their mega-server therefore the only players he'll get aside from his staff team are maybe one or two players ultimately lasting a day. All that effort has gone to waste and he hasn't impacted anything one bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Navy Seal

And where is your evidence to show that? Your going off of (most likely) your past experiences. You're doubting someone you most likely 1: don't even know, 2, you're saying that his efforts are futile, even though you don't know his motives, 3, you don't even know how he's going to do it, and overall you can't properly back up and give actual reasons to why his attempts will make no impact. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure you can't see the future. And if you can, well good for you.

13. Doris

All you have to do is look around. There's enough evidence but regardless have fun in your future endevours. I'll be there to see "my community shut down because of 'p-p-personal problems.. with the staff...'" :)

It's not like the group of people who've been roleplaying for years know anything. Nah fuck those old cats they're just a bunch of nostalgiafaggots who cant get their heads out of their asses..grr!! :mad::mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Idea that I think would be cool if done successfully.
    A white-listed standard HL2RP with the potential of an actual ending of overthrowing the local Union regime in the city. The server would go on until this happens, or after a set amount of time OOCly, maybe like a month or so. If your character dies you will be banned from the server until it is restarted once again. Of course the main problem with this is having enough players to fill it up, but imagine how intense it would be to only truly have one life, while still having the potential of successful resistance. You'd have to make the Union reasonable instead of the indestructible force that most servers make it as, mostly regarding OTA. Even white-listed characters like MPF units or City Administrators are not immune to the one life rule. Any high ranking character's deaths result in the slot becoming empty unless replaced with someone else, considering the original player would be banned. This would help aid in a successful resistance scenario.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Navy Seal

I really think the one life rule would actually work out. It would give the player a motive to actually want to survive.

16. I think banning them is a little harsh. Maybe permanent kill their player on the spot, and no NLR or anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Navy Seal

Oh yeah, for sure. The banning is a little over the top. But the one life rule, ye.

18. I mean they'd get unbanned after the month and since the server would be whitelist only it wouldn't be hard to add them back when they reapply.

19. Navy Seal

Tbh, I think the whitelist only servers only kill playerbase. It kind of discourages people. Naturally, people aren't going to go through a process just to play a game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. If you removed the whitelist you'd have to ban them and unban them later, or ban them for the remaining time of that iteration for my idea to work.