1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Vortix's Plugins

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Vortix, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Vortix

Vortix Active Member

Plugin Status
    [X]
    - The plugin works as described without error.
    [X] - The plugin is untested.
    [X] - The plugin is has major errors and needs to be fixed.

Clockwork
    Letters
    [X] - [Download]
    This adds letters! You can use /makeletter <title> <content> to begin to make a letter. If you run out of space typing your letter, you can use /continueletter <content> to continue it. Want to scrap the letter? Type /deletecurrentletter. Want to send the letter to a player? Type /sendletter <target's name>. Or, maybe you want to make sure your letter is correct? Type /checkletter. So, you've received a letter. What now? Type /myletters to check your letters. The sender's name and the letter's title will be listed there, along with the letter's unique ID. Type /readletter <ID> to read the content of the letter. If you want to scrap the letter, type /deleteletter <ID>. You will be notified of how many unread letters you have every time you get a new letter, and every time you spawn. These letters work on a character basis, allowing characters to send each other messages ICly! This means that if you switch characters you'll find the messages you had on your old character won't show up, but don't worry, they're still going to be there when you switch back (However the letters DO NOT save through restarts).

To do:
    - Make letters save through restarts.

Player Flags [X] - [Download]

Irritated by the fact that you need to keep giving flags to someone's characters? Wish you could just give flags to all the player's characters at once? No problem. This plugin gives you many commands to allow you to manage players' flags much easier. The command /plygiveflags will, obviously, give a player global flags, countered by /plytakeflags, which takes global flags. /plyallflags will give a player all flags on all their characters. /plyresetflags will reset the player's flags to none, and /plysetflags will allow you to set a player's flags to whatever you state. The normal /chargiveflags will be affected by the player commands, but usage of the /chargiveflags2 command will make it so that it cannot be reset by the player flags commands.

To do:
    - Remove need for /chargiveexemptflags and /chartakeexemptflags commands by overriding default command.

Staff Request [X]
    - [Download]
    A plugin that helps deal with help requests. In the past I've seen servers where the staff member will be reluctant to aid a player due to what the player is asking for when the request appears in the chatbox.
    Using this players just need to type /help and a request will show to all staff that a player is in need of help, an ID is generated for that request as to be able to deal with multiple requests at the same time. The staff member types /accept (ID) and then will be teleported to the requesting player's location. All staff receive a message that said person has accepted the request and help is no longer needed. Once sorting the issue the admin may type /solved (ID), after which it will prompt the player who requested the staff member to type /solvedaccept, which would be the player's way of showing he is happy with the final conclusion. The staff member will then be brought back to where he/she was before accepting the request. This also adds a way of tracking a staff member's progress, if a super admin types /staffdata (staff member) they will be shown how many requests the staff member has accepted and then how many are solved as to compare. Useful for reviewing staff.

To do:
    - Prevent ID generation from creating an ID for an already existing request.

Offer Hand [X] - [Download]
    A plugin that allows one player to offer a hand up to another player (If one player needed help climbing something small). I tested all I could however the main part (Offering the hand and the teleportation) is still untested, so it would be appreciated if someone that tries it could comment and tell me about any/no issues

Screen Shake [X] - [Download]
    A plugin which adds a command to allow super admins to shake all players' screens for a given time and by a given force. Usage is /ScreenShake <time Seconds> [Force, default 5]. Simple enough already, you have to specify the number of seconds you want it to last, and the force argument is optional, but defaults to 5 if you don't put anything.

Don't grab world props [X] - [Download]
    This one is quite simple. It stops you from being able to grab world props so you don't go around messing up the map with doors that have been pulled out of their frames accidentally (for example).

Disable entity grabbing [X] - [Download]
    Look at any entity and type /entdisablegrab. Now, neither you, nor anyone else will be able to physgun grab that entity until you type /entreinstategrab to allow people to grab it again (Note: Only superadmins can use these commands by default). This plugin doesn't currently work through restarts (meaning if you have a prop static'd and you use this on the prop, it will only be ungrabbable until next server restart).

Context Menu Always [X] - [Download]
    Adds a config which enables the use of the context menu without needing your toolgun to be out (which is the only way you can use the context menu in Clockwork by default). The config is called Context Menu Always, and you must set it to true for the plugin to work.

HL2RP
    MPF Management [X] - [Download]
    This plugin gives you large control over your MPF faction:
    • It allows you to specify models in the sh_plugin.lua which will be automatically set to an MPF character when necessary (for example, when the player's name is changed for a promotion. This plugin will automatically give the player the model for their new rank).
    • Not affected by schema built in ranks (What you specify in the sh_plugin.lua as a ranks model is the model it will get. No more forcing you to use certain models).
    • Uniforms. With each rank specified in the sh_plugin.lua a uniform is automatically created, however by default the only way to obtain a uniform is through the /CharGiveItem command.
    • Large range of commands. There is a command to promote a unit, demote a unit, recruit a citizen, train a recruit, nearly anything you could ask for.

Unit ID Cards [X]
    - [Download]
    A simple plugin that adds a unit ID card, the loss of this card to a unit will not affect his ability to enter, however it can grant non-Combine the ability to use Combine doors and locks. By default it is not available on the business menu, however that can be changed in the item's Lua file.

To do:
    - Allow cards to be reported missing and deactivated.

PHANTOM Division [X]
    - [Download]
    Adds commands for a "PHANTOM" division for undercover operations. The commands /newphantom, /gophantom and /unphantom. /newphantom creates a new ID for you, /gophantom makes you go undercover using the citizen ID and /unphantom makes you a PHANTOM unit again.
    Credit and thanks to Atebite due to the use of the names list and the portion of code which generates a name.
    Note: Make sure to put the content of the data file into your server's root/garrysmod/data file, otherwise it won't work.

To do:
    - Disable combine visual overlay when undercover.
    - Disable voice commands when undercover.
    - Change the F1 menu to be more citizen friendly while undercover. (Generate and display CID)
    - Add error checking for the data files containing the randomly generated names to check if the file is in the correct place.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  2. Polis

Polis Guest

I appreciated you have coded such an ID plugin, but the concept is strange. Why is the card only purchasable from the resistance goods manager instead of appearing in a unit's inventory on spawn?

3. Vortix

Vortix Active Member

I considered this however some people use MPF uniforms, so if they were to kill a unit and retrieve a uniform the UID card would be practically useless as the uniform would grant the person access to combine locks and nexus. If you think it would be helpful I could add it to the MPF as well, though.

EDIT: It now appears in units' inventories on spawn.

4. Polis

Polis Guest

Code:
    function Schema:PostPlayerSpawn(player, lightSpawn, changeClass, firstSpawn)
    	if (self:PlayerIsCombine(player) and player:GetAmmoCount("pistol") == 0) then
    		if (!player:HasItemByID("unit_id_card")) then
    			player:GiveItem(Clockwork.item:CreateInstance("unit_id_card"), true);
    		end;
    	end;
    end;

Should be:

Code:
    function PLUGIN:PostPlayerSpawn(player, lightSpawn, changeClass, firstSpawn)
    		if (Schema:PlayerIsCombine(player) and !player:HasItemByID("unit_id_card")) then
    			player:GiveItem(Clockwork.item:CreateInstance("unit_id_card"));
    	end;
    end;
    You need to use plugin format in the majority of your code, as most can be done by simply plugging into a function. self also needs to be Schema. I've got no idea why you were checking if a unit had 0 rounds left.

5. Vortix

Vortix Active Member

Initially I tried to use PLUGIN, however it came up with errors so I changed it back, however using your other edits in addition it seems to work fine, so thank you. I've also changed the Schema:playerCanUseDoor.
    As for the ammo check it was carelessness, I took the bit of code from a section in sv_hooks where ammo is given to the unit, however for some reason forgot to remove that check. Thanks for the tips.

6. Sheeplie

Sheeplie Hi. Active Member

Vortix Roleplay , lel.

7. NFPD

NFPD Plums! Active Member

Hmm, so a ID Card Plugin for MPF, makes it so rogues can't use their cards because they're either reported as missing or something.

8. NFPD

9. Vortix

Vortix Active Member

Haven't made it that advanced yet, at the moment it just grants access to combine locks and doors.
    That is a Garry's Mod addon, not a Clockwork HL2RP plugin. If you attempted to run that addon I doubt it would work, and if it does I don't think it would have the same function.

EDIT: It seems that the gaming community mentioned runs a HL2RP schema, however it uses a different framework, not the Clockwork framework so it also shouldn't work for that reason.

10. Tomo742

Tomo742 Guest

He didn't say it was a plugin, it's an addon that adds in ID card models. He was simply suggesting to use it as the models for the plugin.

11. NFPD

-snip-

12. Vortix

Vortix Active Member

Ah, right. Sorry if I misinterpreted you [member=5648]NFPD[/member] , also I will look into using other models.

13. Vortix

Vortix Active Member

Updated thread: Added the Find Character plugin.

14. JamesBrody

JamesBrody Active Member

Admin ESP didn't work?

15. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Clockwork Customer Active Member

Server I run, Operators don't get ESP. So this is helpful.

16. Polis

Polis Guest

TAB > Settings > Enable admin ESP

Hmm..

17. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Clockwork Customer Active Member

... What I meant is.
    I edited the observer command just a bit so only Admins + can use observer/ESP.

18. kurozael

kurozael Cloud Sixteen Director Staff Member Administrator Investor

Keep it up man, we need more plugin developers! :)

19. Vortix

Vortix Active Member

Thanks!

New plugin: PHANTOM Division, adds commands for PHANTOM units to go undercover as citizens.

EDIT: Instructions on what to do with the data file mentioned in the post.

20. Renholder

Renholder Active Member

[member=5656]Vortix[/member]

Your phantom plugin is fucking cool, but it has some stupid thing. After you become citizen, then you speak, you still have MPF radio signals. You should really fix this.

Previous Readers (Total: 0)