1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Vortix's Plugins

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Vortix, Jul 22, 2014.

1. antonpersson99

antonpersson99 Clockwork Customer

On the MPF rank managment addon, You should make(If its possible) so only specific DvL can train specific Division.

EDIT: I get this error when trying to use /newphantom command:
    Code:
    ServerLog: OTA-PHANTOM.OWS-908 has used '/GoPhantom'.
    [Clockwork] The 'NewPhantom' command has failed to run.
    lua/includes/extensions/string.lua:44: bad argument #1 to 'string_gmatch' (string expected, got nil)

2. Vortix

Vortix Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

Thanks for the feedback:
    For the DvL thing, I already have that in my to-do list. At the moment I'm time restrained and so I'm not sure when I can get it done.
    As for the error, by the looks of it you have placed the files incorrectly.
    Here's what you need to do:
    1. Open up the zip folder containing the full plugin
    2. Enter the phantommpf folder
    3. Check that there are two folders inside the current directory: One being "data", the other being "plugin".
    4. "data" must go in your "data" folder in the garrysmod directory.
    5. Check that now you have rootfoldername/garrysmod/data/myfiles.txt and then move the "phantommpf" folder to your HL2RP plugins directory.
    Hopefully that will fix your issue, post back if you still encounter it.

3. duck

duck Phant0m Legend Crusader

That's a lot of overriding for this phantom division thing. You could just do

Code:
    local PlayerIsCombine = Schema.PlayerIsCombine;

function Schema:PlayerIsCombine(player)
        if (player:GetCharacterData("PhantomUndercover")) then
             return false;
        end;

return PlayerIsCombine(player);
    end;
    Then they will not be recognized as part of the Combine at all. There's a 1400% difference between the above's line count and the one in the plugin (9 lines vs 144), and it can interact with plugins, unlike the code in yours.

It can interact with plugins because many plugins for HL2 RP use the PlayerIsCombine function, and since this code modifies it, it will work with plugins. This isn't to one-up you, I'm just offering you an alternative that is much better and much more efficient.

4. Vortix

I...er... That's embarrassing.
    Thanks! I'll update it as soon as I can.

5. Professorial Mister Man

Professorial Mister Man I don't know what I'm doing. Active Member

Can't seem to get the MPF model plugin working, when I set the name they don't change models.

Edit: Let me make it clear, the MPF won't change models but the uniform items seem to work.

6. Vortix

Strange, works for me. Are you getting any errors in console? Please post them here if you are.

7. Professorial Mister Man

Professorial Mister Man I don't know what I'm doing. Active Member

No, no errors from it at all. I've taken it off at the moment and replaced it with my own MPF model plugin but yours works much easier than what I made.

8. Vortix

Is it failing to set models for ALL ranks or just some?

9. Vortix

Updates:
    Unit ID Card
    Fixed a previous issue where you could use a UID card to open a door, even if you were tied. Also made it so you can actually lose your UID card - you don't get it every time you spawn, you get it as a default part of your inventory (like the radio, for example).
    CharacterData
    Improved it, added the possibility to check/set someone else's character data, as well as fixing something which could have caused an error in the last version.

Expect more plugins and updates coming soon.

10. MistyPanda

MistyPanda I hate everything! Active Member

Haha, brilliant! Great work, keep it up.

11. kurozael

kurozael Cloud Sixteen Director Staff Member Administrator Investor Crusader Templar

[member=5656]Vortix[/member] please check your PMs :)

12. Vortix

Great update: My Player Flags plugin has finally come, check the main post for more details! But quickly...
    The plugin gives you commands to give flags to an actual player, rather than the player's character. Details on these commands in the main thread.
    The original command, /chargiveflags is affected by the player flags plugin (Giving a character flags with this command and then switching characters removes the flags. Using the commands /chargiveflags2 and /chartakeflags2, you can use it alongside the player flags plugin. I'll work on fixing this for the next update.

13. Daohlocks

Daohlocks The Bible is my favorite sci-fi novel. Active Member

Not really sure what I did wrong, in your phantom plugin, when I create a new ID and then go phantom with it, it gives me all the names in the male category, and all the names on the surname category as well. Little help?

14. Vortix

Could you explain more on what the issue is please?
    What do you mean by "it gives me"? Does it set your name to all of those names combined?

15. Daohlocks

Pretty much, yes. It grabs all of the names from the txt files (male and surnames) and combines them into one name.

16. Vortix

Strange, this doesn't happen to me. Have you tried using the version from the plugin centre?

17. Daohlocks

I can't even download plugins from it, my CW crashes all the time =P

18. Vortix

Redownload it now.

19. Daohlocks

Eh, still having issues with the names.....

I placed the three txt files inside garrysmod/data, and whenever I create a new ID it gives me all the names from there.

20. Vortix

What OS do you use to host the server? Try to download the latest version.

Previous Readers (Total: 0)