1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

What type of roleplay are you looking for?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Art, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Art

Art

Greetings Cloud Sixteen, I'm Art, I used to own a server back about a year ago and I've slowly started to return to Garry's Mod.

Now, my question is: What type of roleplay are people looking for nowadays? I'm going to make a new community and schema and would like some ideas!

2. TheFancyAlchemist

TheFancyAlchemist World famous hl2rp connoisseur Active Member

Anything but hl2rp. It gets old after a while.

3. Art

Art

With the hype of the Star Wars movie, how would a server based on the newest movie sound?

4. TheFancyAlchemist

It could be good if done right.

5. sprite

sprite better run through the jungle Active Member

Maybe something star-wars related but maybe not based around the 7th episode since I don't think there will not be enough to do stuff around and not much lore is covered yet.

6. Sim2014ftw

Sim2014ftw le professional leaker

Severance. Cider Two. Well-made atomic servers.

7. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Staff Member Head Moderator Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

Shoulda been around for Terminal Velocity if you weren't. That looked like a really sweet cyberpunk-esque roleplay, never got the chance to check it out though.

Cider Two is also in lesser demand, I feel like unless C16 hosts their own C2 like before, you're not gonna get many players. Polium's only lasted a few weeks.

8. Rhenz

Rhenz Who needs a map? Staff Member Moderator Crusader Veteran Active Member

I'm really liking SD so military roleplay that's sort of lenient in the sense you don't have to be studying the (US) military to understand what to do.

Maybe a better World War 3 roleplay that's more so civil war, which is what I had planned but was never really motivated to do so.

Anything but HL2RP, imo dude. It's too stale now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Phase four, severance. Nothing HL2 unless you can make it as unique as servers like security detail.

10. Omega

Omega Active Member

Anything original that isn't a hassle to play with is fine by me. HL2rp only if done properly.

11. AtlasTheSpacePirate

AtlasTheSpacePirate How do I change my Title?

Phase Four, severance and The Last of Us I guess

12. The deal with Atomic is, alot of the factions are controversial with their capabilties for example: Person 1 says "Super Mutants should remain as complete savages however, they aren't as powerful and shouldn't become a major thing" Person 2 says "You goon! Have you ever played the fallout games?! Super Mutants are sentient beings that are completely OP, they rack up around a estimated amount of 300+ pounds of PURE muscle. They should have the ability to take over and kill WHOEVER" As well with people fighting about laser/plasma weapons "MY LASER BURNS YOUR HAND OFF AND GOES THROUGH YOUR ARMOR", 'PFFT PLASMA WILL DESTROY YOU'

That and the S.P.E.C.I.A.L & Perk System which can be easily managed and can provide a pretty cool character unique element towards players(If a player has more points in medical, it acts as a experienced medical background bringing more to RP) HOWEVER, Most servers never flesh this feature out and allow users to abuse it by claiming "My strength is 10 and my unarmed is high, you WILL go down"

E: You also have to take into consideration the events of various games/battles(NCR-Great Khan, NCR-Brotherhood over HELIOS-1, Legion pushing towards Nevada, Enclave eradicating small fleets of innocents, etc etc). Not to mention areas such as 'The Divide' but it's all up to the owner

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. NightAngel

NightAngel Fuck off Lev Active Member

i'm down for star wars, it could be fun and the force awakens got me hyped for it. After the movie ended, I turned to my boyfriend and was like I MUST MAKE A STARWARS THING.

14. Bismarack

Bismarack The Roman days were the golden age. Clockwork Customer Active Member

If you're going to do force awakens, please by god make the First Order into a remnant like it actually should be. That was one thing that I really didn't like about the movie. Or perhaps an RP based on the Empire during it's finer days.

15. Roth

Roth 45 Spesiale Maatskappy Crusader Active Member

i've never done fallout rp but i just thought about a group based rp in the divide

how fucking cool would that be

16. TheFancyAlchemist

It's been like at least 30 years in the movie. That is plenty of time to no longer be a remnant.

17. Bismarack

Bismarack The Roman days were the golden age. Clockwork Customer Active Member

Ah, I thought the Force Awakens was literally 5 years or something after the Empire fell.

Previous Readers (Total: 0)