1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

whats your favorite tv show and movie? why?

Discussion in 'Casual Discussion' started by Rhenz, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Rhenz

Rhenz Who needs a map? Staff Member Moderator Crusader Veteran Active Member

my favorite TV show is Mr Robot. i really enjoy the setting, the plot, and the characters involved, and how complex and strange everything really is. there are a lot of easter eggs to each episode, and all of the endings leave with a jaw drop and a "wow" moment.

my favorite movie is whiplash. if you havent watched it, you should. its a fairly relatable, the characters have actual development and have conversations that flow nicely, and has a drastic change of the projected ending. the last scene is one of my absolute favorite in cinema history. jk simmons absolutely killed it and miles teller played his role fantastically.

2. Lev

Lev certified honorable guy Crusader

breaking bad is my alltime favorite tv series, absolutely the best series i've ever seen and will ever see. the acting is amazing, the story can keep you on your feet in every episode you watch, and the characters are definitely well made. first season isn't the best, but past that, the show is amazing in my eyes, besides the whole 'cliff hanger' ending. i really recommend it to everyone, great drama

don't really have a favorite movie though, but I recently watched a few low-budget movies and I can say that the movie Coherence is a great movie if you're into alternate realities and so on, and The Good Neighbor starts off pretty boring and bland but later on in the movie it gets really good, I rec

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. EmperorJericho

EmperorJericho Slav Lives Matter

For TV show, I'm torn either between Breaking Bad or Narcos. Both are incredibly well written, well acted, and just overall captivating. I love it.

For movie, I'd probably have to settle with Munich. For those of you unfamiliar with it, it's a political thriller about the Mossad agents sent after the PLO members responsible for the 1972 Munich Olympics Massacre. When most people think of a "spy movie", they think of Mission Impossible. For me, Munich is what comes to mind. I heavily recommend it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lev

Lev certified honorable guy Crusader

I just started Narcos and Black Mirror last night, both pretty good shows

• Like Like x 1
  5. Generisk Løytnant

Generisk Løytnant Active Member

tv shows:

mr. robot
    black mirror
    band of brothers
    generation kill
    [h]ouse
    the pacific

movies:

saints and soldiers 1-4(?)
    saving private ryan
    fury
    the jacket
    the machinist

i'm sure i'm missing a few in either category but i just can't pick one or two. i know saints and soldiers produced a shitty movie or two, though. idk, i like mindfuck movies if they can be done properly, so for movies you can throw in primer?

i want to see mr. nobody

e: please recommend good mindfuck movies -- stuff with twists that i won't expect coming that are decent?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  6. duck

duck Phant0m Legend Crusader

The Last Airbender for my favorite show. I watched it when I was growing up, and I felt like I grew with the characters of the show. It was such a good show, and I wish I could watch it again for the first time. I really like Breaking Bad, too.

For my favorite movie, that'd be Inception. That shit's crazy.

7. My favorite show would probably be True Detective season 1. A damn fine show that I have no problem with rewatching.

My favorite movie would probably be Jackie Brown.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. corrin

corrin hot boat sex Active Member

neon genesis evangelion and generation kill. i watched NGE when i was like 6 without knowing SHIT about half of the shit talked in NGE and i still loved it
    watched generation kill when i was around 16 and it was pretty good

movie would most likely be ghost in the shell and/or heat

9. Aflac

Aflac Big Guy Crusader

Game of Thrones
    West Wing
    LOST
    Band of Brothers/The Pacific/Generation Kill

as for movies...
    star wars
    not a big movie guy honestly.

10. Shit, I forgot Oz. Oz is also a great series.

11. I have a few favourite shows. I never really consider anime a "favourite" considering that after I watch them I barely remember them but Gurren Lagan and Steins;Gate were ones that I remembered and enjoyed watching.
    I also really liked that show Scrubs, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Narcos.

Favourite movie of all time? Definitely Snatch. Brad Pitt's gypsy accent was hilarious and the entire movie was "fun" (if you could call it that) - I'd definitely recommend watching it.

• Good Coder Good Coder x 1
  12. Roth

Roth 45 Spesiale Maatskappy Crusader Active Member

i'm not very big into films but i recently watched logan and if you like marvel, that is a must watch

13. RJ

RJ no pay Legend Clockwork Customer

One of my favourite movies is Arrival (not to be confused with The Arrival). It covers first contact with aliens and how we'd overcome a language barrier (also some interesting causality stuff).

Music:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrwRd_27fhw

14. Roth

oh yeah i guess some of my fave movies are hurt locker, jarhead, the dictator, district 9 and would you rather and zootropolis was pretty good i guess

what about webseries? does anyone like those? i personally like marblehornets, arby n the chief and iconic arms (if that counts)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Generisk Løytnant

dude
    marblehornets is back with eckva, check out their twitter page
    follow someone called night mind on youtube, he's amazing at covering the stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. willy pete

willy pete i'm going to cut off your face and wear it Active Member

favorite tv series is rick and morty. the episodes and dialogue are incredibly funny and creative.

favorite movie is children of men. everything about it is amazing, from the acting to the story to the cinematography. i'd say it's one of the best movies of all time.

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Roth

i loooove nightmind, dude, glad to see eckva gaining traction. never watched clear lakes 44 though. sadly i don't have much time to watch anything on eckva, since i'm a pussy to watch that shit at night lol

i also watched all of marblehornets before a friend told me to watch nightmind's takes on them, which was, wow, fucking amazing

unrelated: i could only watch up to episode 3 of the everymanhybrid explained series on nightmind's channel, ep 4 and beyond ppears to not work, does anyone know where i can watch the rest? i was hooked

18. Generisk Løytnant

don't bother with clearlakes 44 it was scrapped
    unless you really want to, but i'm not sure if they're incorporating bits and pieces of it into eckva
    and uh, i'll check ep4 and such in a mo', keep you posted on steam

19. Shavargo

Shavargo Clockwork Customer

The 100 is actually very good. I like how the series takes drastic turns, not really expecting what's next.

• Like Like x 1
  20. chuck

chuck king of private sector Crusader Active Member

twin peaks mothafucka

david lynch is sick as

• Like Like x 1

Previous Readers (Total: 0)