1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

When will hl2rp finally keel over and die

Discussion in 'Fast Threads' started by Resnais, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soon hopefully

It’s like a horse broke it’s leg And instead of shooting it in the head you shot its ass and decided to wait for it to bleed out

Discuss

2. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

3. redcatjack

redcatjack Moderator and Map Developer Staff Member Moderator Clockwork Customer

Moved to Fast Threads

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Box Box x 1
  4. TacticalToaster

TacticalToaster Clockwork Customer

When better custom schemas come out that are hosted by more popular communities. Only then will there be an alternative for those who are stuck on only HL2RP.

5. Aspect

Aspect Who I am depends on who you learn it from. Active Member

Never

6. SireElite

SireElite what's the big fucking deal? Active Member

it already has

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. dead flag blues

dead flag blues "...ours is a world of nuclear giants..." Clockwork Customer Active Member

It's on life support. Pull the plug.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Digital Junkie

Digital Junkie Active Member

Hl2rp servers are great thats why there are so many of them.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. chuck

chuck king of private sector Active Member

very soon, young boy.... i made a post about this in my sector, the private sector. unfortunately, you are a fucklet and will not be permitted access to my sector, so i'll just have to summarize what i said there, here.

hl2rp has been dying since 2013... probably even earlier than that, and its YOUR FAULT. FUCK YOU.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Pistol P

Pistol P Active Member

It's unironically not dead. For every thread like this, a new Earthfall pops out of a womb to garner another 30 players for the gamemode. This is why NutCucks are mad (that the game mode is not dead, while their gamemode is either already dead or filled with a bunch of disgusting trannies)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Simplizim

Simplizim Clockwork Customer

Half-life 2 roleplay Will die if valve doesnt manage to learn to count to 3.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. NoahtheBoah36™

NoahtheBoah36™ Clockwork Customer Active Member

I mean, HL2RP will work until it doesn't. Simple as that. Can't really speed up the death of something.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Box Box x 2
  13. Hello @moderators this a formal request to raise my post count to 50 so I can view chugks wisdom

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. WestCoastKillers

WestCoastKillers all links to the manifesto Clockwork Customer Active Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Strawberry Fellow

Strawberry Fellow Clockwork Customer

I doubt it will die very soon, it most likely has about a year or so left, maybe two. It would already be dead if something better had come along to replace it, but, we all know that does not exist, because we would not be here if it did.

I really feel like people should use HL2RP as more of a "Base" instead of the entire premise, people need to add their own theme but using the system that the Gamemode provides, vanilla HL2RP servers are incredibly boring and only last about a month, if your lucky. People just need a good idea so that their server can stand out from the crowd, and sadly, we all know how difficult that can be.

And the Staff Team need to be actually dedicated to the idea, I have seen many servers in the past where the owner or the staff team as a whole has stopped the server just because they were "Bored" of it. To succeed in life takes time, hard work and knowing the right people, if you do not do any of those than your server is doomed to die anyways.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Digital Junkie

HL2RP is boring thats why people quit. Its the same old everytime, oh where oh where is that server to go against the grain?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. RJ

RJ no pay Legend Clockwork Customer

HL2RP has its faults, but the core gameplay works, hence its long popularity. I think right now the issue is lack of development and innovation so it's dying a slow death unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. chuck

chuck king of private sector Active Member

The most accurate post in this thread - Aside from mine, of course.

The gameplay works, despite nearly every server being trash. The only innovative things in recent times have been Site 86, Begotten 2, .DUST, Overrule, and a few others.

Average HL2RP servers aren't going to contribute positively to the gamemode's longevity. Like RJ says, there needs to be more innovation.

Unfortunately, the sub 90 IQ children that buy and develop for the gamemode all share the same ideas. A few months ago it was Beta lore HL2RP. Now it's a "different approach to HL2Rp!" which are only different in name.

We need to start fabricating fake clockwork keys. Within these keys we'll install keyloggers and RAT programs. If a customer's server is unsatisfactory, we'll activate the key, and destroy their lives. Personal information, important files held ransom, crypto-mine installation, the works. If your server isn't good, consider yourself literally dead.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Digital Junkie

Wasent someone making security detail 2?

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Clockwork Customer Active Member

twas me, the guy that was hosting it put it on hold because of work, so i might restart it on my own soon.

• Informative Informative x 1

Previous Readers (Total: 0)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.