1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

HL2RP Why does HL2RP get a lot of attention from minges?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Frost, Nov 12, 2018.

1. (Been a while since I've been on these forums - recently got back into HL2RP.) I've noticed that, even today, servers seem to be either filled with minges or have at least one or two minges on it, especially with some type of hacking client. This is, relatively speaking in my experience, very uncommon on the majority of gamemodes (excluding DarkRP). I've tried googling it just out of curiosity to no avail. So, in your opinion, why do you believe HL2RP gets targeted, or seems at least to be targeted? Input from actual minges would be nice too :p.

2. Bugzy

Bugzy Clockwork Customer

Purely human nature. HL2:RP is a very niche gamemode, and as a polar opposite (usually) attracts individuals whom want to role-play in the HL2 Universe, this usually being on a serious level. This then encourages other individuals who enjoy causing a nuisance and generally thriving off of the reaction's they get from a more serious niche community.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Yeah, I can see that being why it's minged. It definitely makes sense, I've seen quite a lot of very serious people when it comes to HL2RP.

4. Aspect

Aspect Hey Pal, did you just blow in from stupid town? Active Member

Short answer: Some people don't have lives irl so they minge and attack communities because they have nothing else to do.

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  5. Schulze35

Schulze35 Clockwork Customer Active Member

I belive the minges often join HL2rp due to it beeing so serious. It brings them more joy to fuck around on a serious server than a Sandbox.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Gravity Cat

Gravity Cat Okay Clockwork Customer Active Member

Minges know that serious roleplayers take the game mode, well, seriously, so they like to come in and sabotage it for their own enjoyment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. oper8or/TehDurpLord

oper8or/TehDurpLord Clockwork Customer

Either their parents beat them too much or not enough.

Minges are all well and good, it's the ones who take in-game shit out-of-game that are the ones you need to look out for - doxxers and the like.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Legend Clockwork Customer

Thank you Based Bender

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Choose your minge

1. The CP who walls people endlessly for no reason or if they saw the weakest violation, pulling guns out and not doing a /me.
    2. John Wick minge punching you with /me does an uppercut.
    *** John Wick does a uppercut
    3. Admin who spawns himself weapons to kill roleplayers at 9PM for no reason.
    4. Serb

EDIT: good reasons here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sly

Sly Life is wasted on the living. Clockwork Customer Active Member

bind "x" "say /me does a uppercut"
    bind "z" "say /it John Wick rolled a 100 out of 100!"

But yeah, if it is fun and well-organized, there will always be someone trying to ruin it. The best thing is just learning to adapt to it and realize that you will, more often than not, never be able to prevent every minge before they join. Some just need the good ol' banhammer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Songbird

Songbird ❤️

HL2RP is the strictest roleplaying gamemode there is; and with more rules comes more fun to break them. More often than not though, most malicious minges(including me sometimes) I have met are the minges who actually know how to roleplay, know how to roleplay well and sometimes even had their own servers/were head admins and were good at it but the server they are minging at now does not look serious enough for them or is probably trash due to the fact that there are so many of HL2RPs. (or at least there used to be 3 years ago.) Thus, strict set of rules, extreme familiarity with those rules and the personal feelings against the server and abundance of HL2RPs make them so full of minges.

Obviously there are just some random minges ruining the fun, but they get banned immediately; it's more experienced and smart minges you have to worry about.

• Agree Agree x 3