1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  5. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

[WIP] City 36

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Tyrex, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

Not sure if I'll finish it, I'm definitely enjoying working on it and how it's turning out though. It's supposed to be somewhere in Europe, maybe in the UK but idk. I've had the best City RP experience on Venetian and I wanted to capture that kind of atmosphere here instead of the constant night time depressing City one.

• Like Like x 4
    • Good Coder Good Coder x 1
  2. cash wednesday

cash wednesday mothership reconnection Honorable

Looks nice so far.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. oper8or/TehDurpLord

oper8or/TehDurpLord Clockwork Customer

good shit go౦ԁ sHit thats ✔ some goodshit rightthere right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Good shit

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

5. willy pete

willy pete i'm going to cut off your face and wear it Active Member

kinda reminiscent of san fransciso or smth

keep it up nigga

• Like Like x 1
  6. buddyfrancis

buddyfrancis Surfin' Poo-S-A Honorable

I commend you for not giving up on making sloped edges, that shit drives me up the wall if I'm trying to make a descending stairwell into a subway or a squared spiral staircase in some apartments.

7. BetaDesh

BetaDesh The fuck's a BetaDesh? Clockwork Customer Active Member

Oh look at this, something absolutely fucking beautiful and awesome that I can't do for shit

8. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

Yeah it's really frustrating, those curved windows on the one building were awful to make.
    Thanks

9. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

i want to die
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

hospital
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  11. chuck

chuck notorious hacker and modder Active Member

good looking, original. i like the way you've, in a sense, double-paned the windows.

This, however, is atrocious.

[​IMG]

The door wouldn't even work. You should set the left door to be the same height as the door on the right. Maybe add a step.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

I appreciate the compliments. I had used a reference image for most of it and those doors are a real thing somehow, I had trouble figuring out how it worked myself.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm done with the map anyways, really tired of Hammer being so shitty to use. If you've ever used Hammer you'd know what I mean. Having to save every three seconds because you never know when it will just close itself, incredibly difficult to make pretty simple designs. When you code a website or something, the only reason it breaks usually is user error. With Hammer it seems you can do everything perfectly and by the books, yet still have to troubleshoot things and do workarounds and it gets old.
    These are the VMFs and the content in the map for whoever is interested, you still need CS:S content though.
    https://mega.nz/#!fRdWgKLI!B45vFKkU8dWHWgcT4PYILHXxgybQO2gUWuMG__zPQXc

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

ok i know i said i had given up but my perseverance has returned, extremely WIP, just setting up some layouts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    will be a metro entrance
    [​IMG]
    this area now looks different because of lighting angle
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  14. Viz

Viz Active Member

Looking real good, however, I think that uneven double door still needs to go, even if it is somehow a real thing. Personally, I feel it just doesn't look right in the Source engine - although that's only my opinion.
    Hope to see more updates on this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

i appreciate the critique, i'll definitely see what I can do about it, what do you think about if i made them brush doors instead and made one taller than the other so they're level on the top like in the reference picture?

16. Viz

Viz Active Member

That might actually work pretty well, you should give it a shot.

17. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

;)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Zig

Zig Active Member

You can then add fake door handles attached to the brush doors to make them not feel handle-less.

19. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

i did that, at least to the one on the left

20. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

i added blocklight brushes in the windows to make the light casting look better
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this building is finally coming together, i still have to add lighting to the inside and lay out the rooms more
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i know that a lot of the fan favorite hl2rp maps have some sort of verticality to them, such as the catwalks on i17, so i'm trying to make it so it's reasonably possible to access the majority of the rooftops and maybe those silly attribute points may come in handy for some roof hopping ;)

• Like Like x 3

Previous Readers (Total: 0)