1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

[WIP] City 36

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Tyrex, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

more work on the nexus

2. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

i'm finally starting to really figure out valve's fuckery

IMMERSION

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  3. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

this is what i spent all of yesterday doing but man am i proud

possibly first animated curtain model on source EVER??
    the possibilities are endless now that i can model and animate and texture from scratch
    i'm thinking of having little openable curtains on the inside of every window
    i've also learned that blender is an incredibly powerful tool

edit:
    sneak peak of something else i wanted to change

edit:

• Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  4. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

there is no combine prop for a light that gives 360 degree lighting like a lamp and i need one
    well this was what i spent all of yesterday and today doing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

any feedback would be appreciated, i'll probably upload it to the workshop at a later time

• Like Like x 2
  5. Duspende_

Duspende_ Active Member

I'm a fan. May I suggest less symmetry? Combine design lacks symmetry in it's aesthetic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

Thank you. It was really hard trying to get something to turn out that would fit in with the vanilla light. I'm not sure what else I could do to make it more asymmetrical though than tacking stuff onto the center because it has to be rounded.

7. Duspende_

Duspende_ Active Member

I'm thinking the arches above the light be at more sharp angles rather than rounded, and them not being of equal height/dimensions all the way around. Hell, you could even cover the bulb in 'spots' around the light. A sort of grid that protects the bulb. Uneven placements of the imperfections.

Maybe add some 'branches' on the pole itself that stick out a little.

Idk. I love combine aesthetic, and I think it's because of the asymmetry. But that also makes it a nightmare to design, because we prefer symmetry.

Edit: Maybe a 'root' type design that goes from the top and bottom to the top and bottom of the bulb to 'hold it'?

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

something like this? ignore the sloppiness I wanted to do it quickly for here and more of them would be added of course
    [​IMG]

9. Duspende_

Duspende_ Active Member

That's amazing. But don't make them connect to each other and make them slink more to the sides.
    If you look at the combine barricades and even those windows, they all have these weird antennas sticking out. I was thinking some of those on the bottom of the bulb holder and on the rod itself.

Edit: I've spent the last hour trying to remember where I saw the design I'm thinking about, and I remember it now. Find the Breen's Office window and imagine that design wrapped around the bulb.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  10. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

did you say... breen window?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    didn't do a great job on the uv mapping because its 3:30 am and i need to sleep
    theres also more brushwork i would like to do along the bottom connecting it to the new thingy

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Duspende_

Duspende_ Active Member

Dude yes. That is perfect!
    Love it!

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

alright well i'm done with this, i could have accomplished so much mapping in the past 3 days instead of this! what a frustrating experience to try and get it to my liking, but it did turn out cool IMO and i will likely be using it a bunch in my map so i GUESS it was worth it :cool:

hopefully it turned out how you wanted it, i really can't put myself to working any longer on it

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Duspende_

Duspende_ Active Member

It's amazing!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

15. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

another sneak peak, i still have to add in the different locations for the target spawns
    i can just picture units sitting in the nexus all day competing for the longest time... maybe this isn't such a good idea

edit: forgot to record sound woops

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

sneak peak

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  18. Reagent

Reagent The Reagent Menace Active Member

Man you might make the first firing range that people actually like using.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Duspende_

Duspende_ Active Member

As always, I love your work. This is a firing range I'd actually use as opposed to setting up melons inside a blast door compound. Is it possible to turn the citizens into rebels or give them a debugwhite overlay? (True citizens don't carry guns and shoot at the MPF. So there's no point in practicing shooting them.) As long as it's not too much trouble, of course.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

OKAY i sat down and put 4 hours aside to finally figure out a way to make the spawns truly random and it was totally worth it imo

notice how there isn't any lag in the video, there is lag when you load the map and push the button for the first time but it's not serious or anything and it's really short, i just hope it will play friendly with servers, also i lowered the health of them, debating on whether they should need 2 shots or 1 shot to the chest with a pistol, i can change the health of the pistol guys and the innocent guys independently, but i don't really have a reason to myself so please add your input

edit: It'd also be super helpful if some people feel like posting top down layouts for what they think the clearing area should look like, i'm redoing it as i had planned to do so in the beginning, it can be as big as you think is necessary but only one floor i got one

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017

Previous Readers (Total: 0)