1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

[WIP] City 36

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Tyrex, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

Time, Dr. Freeman? Is it really that time again?

yeah, it's been quite some time now but i had honestly quit mapping as a whole until yesterday, where i decided i wanted to really try and finish it

this building is was what made me give up because of "mapper's block", so the obvious thing to do was to come back and slap that fucker right in the brick wall

there are a few aesthetic things i need to add but what you see is basically done, i couldn't be happier with how it turned out and it is a huge relief to get this shit done

• Like Like x 3
  4. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

just gotta add decals and make this place look dirty and it'll be set to go

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

picture of the inside of hospital after decaling
    [​IMG]

i still have to texture it and change the lobby a tiny bit but i was so frustrated on how the fuck skyscraper windows work so i'm glad i figured something out

done

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  6. good god

7. chuck

chuck king of private sector Active Member

more

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vented

Vented Guest

you dont know real pain until the textures you apply dont align correctly
    [​IMG]

9. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

oof, try alt+right click and it should wrap it seamlessly
    i said 'should' because it's a valve developer tool so you can't rely on anything working as it is supposed to ,':^)

10. Vented

Vented Guest

ive tried that

11. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

did you select the texture face thats right next to it and do it?

12. Vented

Vented Guest

doesnt matter I fixed it anyway

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

WIP but basically done

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

i haven't posted in a bit but i have made huge progress, the surface is complete except for the skybox stuff and cleaning up around the edges, and adding powerlines and various other additional things of the sorts

i also have started on this concept, i think i am going to change the nexus clearing area to work like this

the pathways from the start to the exit are randomized every time, with there always being a way to get to the exit
    was cool in a gimmicky way but the original will work better in execution and i've changed the way the randomization works on npc spawns

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  15. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

a complete 180 on the clearing area but i just couldn't get the npcs to react to my liking
    an ultimate thanks to DesertedCake for doing the entire interior design, he even had more but I had to scrap it unfortunately

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

i actually lied, i forgot i still had the factory to do lmao
    wip, i'm not sure if i want to have these or not

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

i decided not to use the ration thing, i couldn't set it up to look good and there was a fatal flaw with it that i wouldn't have been able to fix

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. chuck

chuck king of private sector Active Member

Really liking the look of this map. It's dark and dingy, but it doesn't try hard to be that way.

also never do that ration shit because it's a waste of time and detracts from roleplay

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

[​IMG]
    working on the metro system

20. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

• Like Like x 3

Previous Readers (Total: 0)