1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

[WIP] City 36

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Tyrex, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

[​IMG]
    working on the metro system

2. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

• Like Like x 3
  3. Aspect

Aspect Who I am depends on who you learn it from. Active Member

• Box Box x 1
  4. chuck

chuck king of private sector Active Member

really pleased with this map, it's got a good amount of detail and quite a few buildings and landmarks
    1) i like this row of shops a lot
    [​IMG]

2) i like the dull green lighting inside of the apartments and a few other buidlings
    [​IMG]

3) unique building
    [​IMG]

4) this cool little training area inside the 'nexus' is really sweet
    [​IMG]

though, one major thing that really took away from the experience was the huge amount of fog and lack of view distance. i noticed buildings and other objects popping into view as i walked down streets, and looking down at places from buildings showed a lot of uglyness. the map was also a tad bit dark

1) from the top of a building
    [​IMG]

2) the water just kind of ends and looks really bad here
    [​IMG]

3) i dont know if it was just me, but when i jumped from one roof to another i noticed that there's some sort of anti-gravity field that launches you across. not sure if this is intended or accidentally left in or something, but here's a screenshot i took while i was suspended in air over two buildings
    [​IMG]

aside from the really heavy fog and view clipping, i think the map is great and i'd play on it

[​IMG]

read the page

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

I appreciate the feedback.
    I honestly tried my hardest to not have fog, but it just didn't seem possible to optimize that from the rooftops because the whole map would practically be rendered up there.
    Yes, there are trigger_pushes on some of the rooftops because CW makes your character have fucking pencil legs and can't move with any sort of agility. Those solve that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Box Box x 1
  6. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

updated with screenshots!

• Like Like x 1

Previous Readers (Total: 0)