1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

[WIP] City Three

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Wiz, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Wiz

Wiz Clockwork Customer Active Member

[​IMG]

NOTE CITY SIXTEEN HAS BEEN RENAMED TO CITY THREE
    CREDIT TO XENO (ASPECT) FOR THE LOGO

WHAT IS CITY SIXTEEN

City Sixteen is my first ever hammer map, it is designed to look similar to that of City Seventeen while remaining unique compared to other maps, yes this means no 'hidden wall bullshit'. I have designed the city so that it is a social city, this means certain areas that previously are not used would be used more, such as the train station which now features a little market of sorts.

CITY SIXTEEN IN ROLEPLAY

City Sixteen is located in Eastern Europe and is home to the Combine's metropolitan police force headquarters, it is approximately 100km away from City 17 and it is known for it's strict Civil Protection team as well as cleanliness compared to other cities. It is also located south of Nova Prospekt.

CITY SIXTEEN’S COMPATIBILITY

- Airwatch Friendly (One Skybox, Buildings with roofs)
    - Vehicle Friendly (APCs, Etc)
    - Groundwatch/Parakeets Pill Pack Friendly (For Striders mainly, however I can not be completely sure it will work as things such as striders tend to glitch.)

CITY SIXTEEN’S FEATURES

Completed
    Under Construction
    Not Built/Considering

TERMINAL PLAZA

Train Station/Nova Prospekt Access
    Laboratory/Research Facility

Main Plaza
    Terminal Hotel

OVERWATCH NEXUS

City Seven Citadel Access

METROPOLICE NEXUS

Armoury

PRECINCT 06

Apartment Block P06-1 (Atlantic)
    Apartment Block P06-2 (Atlantic)
    Apartment Skybridge

High Street
    Industrial Area Access (Acts as a connection to P#15 too)
    Hospital

PRECINCT 15 A

Ration Distribution Centre
    CWU Headquarters

PRECINCT 15 B

City 7 Nexus (Congressional, Metropolice, Overwatch)

PRECINCT 13

INDUSTRIAL SECTOR

Waste Disposal Facility
    Warehouses 1-4

CITY SEVEN CITADEL

Feel free to post any suggestions! I'm happy to take any and all for consideration, I will be posting progress on this thread. I also don't intend on getting this finished anytime soon as it will be a rather large map.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  2. Wiz

Current progress on the main area of the station, tell me what I should add! :)

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wiz

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

For some reason the decals (Combine Posters, Etc) Wouldn't show up in-game, also as you can see there's a large empty space in the station checkpoint, I need ideas on whether I should leave it or add something.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Wiz

Some more concept art I may try and implement.
    [​IMG]

5. SireElite

SireElite what's the big fucking deal? Active Member

god i do love me some checkpoints at the trainstation

6. Wiz

Ok.

• Box Box x 1
  7. SireElite

SireElite what's the big fucking deal? Active Member

8. Wiz

Just finished the main station entrance/ration area. It's got a few empty areas, might leave them unless I get any ideas.[​IMG]

Yes i'm fixing the wall now.

EDIT: The wall turns out to be fine, it's just that decals wont load. Any idea how to fix it?

9. It looks very empty.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Wiz

Yes, I did mention that and I have no idea what to add. What should I add? I decided to leave the checkpoint to allow for servers to add their own props for customisation if they wish. Also there is meant to be posters dotted around the place but as they are decals they don't seem to work during the testing.

EDIT: I added a little market stall thing next to the breenscreen, I'm wanting to make the station a more used area as they aren't used often and end up quite empty.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  11. Wiz

For some reason when I test it things such as models or decals don't appear.

12. Well, I don't think you should be focusing on what to add. Instead you should resize your map to what you already /do/ have instead of adding clutter to what is essentially a giant box.

13. Wiz

While I will keep this in mind and attempt to reform the map I will also be changing lots of the main entrance area to feature a little market of sorts. As I said before I want to attempt a new approach, one in which people actually go BACK to the station instead of it being just your everyday spawnpoint that nobody would like to go back to ever. Also the reason for it being so large is that it's partially based off of a mix of train stations in England.

14. Wiz

Here's a decompiled version of what it will look like, and no I didn't just throw them in, I removed one of the exits and a couple benches and bins.

[​IMG]

15. Another smaller thing, you could benefit from a different wall texture. That one is used in like every trainstation of every map ever. Same goes for those kiosks, but IDK if there are alternatives for that.

16. Wiz

What texture for walls would you recommend, I agree they are used quite frequently.? Also the kiosks are prefab items.

EDIT: I'm trying a more white approach to the station using white brick.

17. Wiz

The new train station design with a white approach. Decompiled

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Yes I know about the discolouration in the second image, I have since fixed it.

18. Wiz

Thought i'd give an update on the plaza progress. Decompiled
    [​IMG]

EDIT: I added more benches in by the statue in the centre of the plaza, I intend on this being a more 'social' city.

19. Wiz

Added some combine metal to the wall of the train station to make it stand out more.

[​IMG]

20. Wiz

Ran into a few issues involving the road, having to make it have a layout more like City 17.

EDIT: Fixed the issue by making it a dead end.

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017

Previous Readers (Total: 0)