1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

[WIP] - rp_budapest_urbanate_poc + Unification

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Amnis, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amnis

Amnis Clockwork Customer Active Member

I am developing a custom map for my community (Adultus - XVIII) called rp_budapest_urbanate_poc. This map takes place in the Kispest Insula within the Budapest Urbanate - more on this later. It takes place in the year 2130, approximately 130 years after the Combine Empire's unification of Earth. The map has a Roman and midday overcast theme.

GitHub: https://github.com/Adultus/dev/blob/master/unification/rp_budapest_urbanate_poc.vmf

To do list (will add more if needed):
    1. Kispest Court (100%)
    2. Kispest Forum (25%)
    3. Kispest Arena (0%)
    4. Kispest Baths (0%)
    5. Kispest Condominium (0%)
    6. Kispest Fort (0%)
    7. Combine posters (100%)
    Areas
    Kispest Court
    The Kispest Court, or simply the Court, is the local office of the Budapest Urbanate Court, the urbanate's judiciary. It features a courtyard and four counsel chambers.
    [​IMG]
    Note: Posters are placeholders and will be replaced.

Kispest Forum
    The Kispest Forum, or simply the Forum, is a grand square connecting the various buildings of the Kispest Insula. It contains a market and the Monument to the Ascended Man.

Kispest Arena
    The Kispest Arena, or simply the Arena, is a circular outdoor arena. It is intended to be used as a place for trials, gladiatorial fights, and executions.

Kispest Baths
    The Kispest Baths, or simply the Baths, is a public bathing facility. Intended for relaxation, the building features indoor and outdoor warm salt baths.

Kispest Condominium
    The Kispest Condominium, or simply the Condominium, is a housing complex. It features standard units (with shared bathroom and kitchen facilities) and premium units, which are entirely private.

Kispest Fort
    The Kispest Fort, or simply the Fort, is the local barracks of the Budapest Urbanate Auxiliary, the urbanate's paramilitary forces. It features a small jail and training courtyard.

Terminology
    Combine Empire
    The Combine Empire, or simply the Combine, is a multiversal technocratic empire governed primarily by the Grybai, a benevolent species of sentient fungi. In exchange for political sovereignty, the Combine offer incorporated species advanced technology and enlightenment, while at the same time preserving parts of the species' culture and diversity on their homeworld. The mission of the Combine is singular: the unification of the Multiverse in order to consolidate the greatest minds and technology.

Grybai
    The Grybai are a sentient species of fungi who originate from the Deguonis universe, one known for its oxygen rich planets. Originally enslaved by the Shu'ulathoi, the Grybai rose to become the most dominant species in the Combine Empire and at some point eradicated most of their former Shu'ulathoi oppressors. After coming into power, the Grybai reformed much of the Combine and focused on increasing living standards among the assimilated species. They are known as benevolent, but authoritarian, willing to uplift billions from suffering, but also subjecting their subordinates to political repression when necessary. Like the Shu'ulathoi, they communicate through telepathy, but unlike the Shu'ulathoi cannot communicate directly with other species. While they can read the thoughts of others, most minds are unable to handle the collective thoughts of the Grybai - they function as a gestalt intelligence. In order for other species to communicate with them, they must undergo an irreversible process that involves transferring their consciousness into a Shu'ulathoi grub host body.

Unification of Earth
    The Unification of Earth, or simply the Unification, was the process of Earth's unification with the Combine Empire. It began on the turn of millennium on January 1, 2000. Prior to Earth being unified, the Combine Empire made contact with various governments and scientific organizations after humans invented a device capable of local teleportation. Initially reluctant to join, humanity conceded after being offered world peace, an end to poverty, and access to technological wonders beyond their wildest dreams. It was not without conflict however and required the extermination of several fringe resistance groups.

Budapest Urbanate
    The Budapest Urbanate, or simply Budapest, is one of many domed urbanates housing the human population on Earth. It is built over the former capital city of Hungary, Budapest. The urbanate resembles ancient Rome and fascist architectural styles. It is climate controlled and completely sealed, with teleportation being used to transport citizens and supplies.

Kispest Insula
    The Kispest Insula, or simply Kispest, is a walled city block in the Budapest Urbanate. It is virtually identical to other insulas in Budapest. Citizens there live mostly on a basic income provided by the Combine that while minimal, offers a comfortable life for most people.

• Box Box x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  2. Amnis

Changelog:
    • Finished six Combine propaganda posters, not in-game yet
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

EDIT: Added another poster and updated the former.
    SECOND EDIT: Added third poster.
    THIRD EDIT: Added fourth poster.
    FOURTH EDIT: Added fifth poster.
    FIFTH EDIT: Added sixth poster.
    SIXTH EDIT: Re-uploaded fixed posters. Changed the "goodbye poverty" to a more rustic look.
    SEVENTH EDIT: Replaced "goodbye poverty" with "Memoir of the Ascended Man" in order to emphasize the cult of personality around Breen.
    EIGHTH EDIT: Updated "Memoir of the Ascended Man".

• Box Box x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Roth

Roth C16's furfag mascot (better than Cinder) Active Member

is this half life or an ss13 offshoot?

looks good tho man

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Zig

Zig Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

man... you must need a collection of super mega minds to understand the pure complexity and situational humor that goes into these posters. the way the girl just smiles at you as the arrow points down.. as if poverty was a bad thing. then you reinforce the idea that basic income is a liberty and not a right! you show that the combine is in control! red and yellow... and the poster is about basic income for all. what's the point of the income if it's the same for all? why have an income? the implication of money... i don't think so. i think this is a communist manifesto investigation and it's something to spit on the radical left's eyeballs. and the green one? obviously an attempt to bait those antifa fuckers, the ones who are clearly being mocked with situational irony and the idea that diversity is preserved by showing ONE black girl in the whole poster, can you believe that? Let's talk about the ratio between the females and males.. the females being some kind of obsessive ideology in these posters. i mean, look at them. the posters all have a golden ratio around the females, they're the main highlight of them. so, in conclusion.. it almost seems as if you have some kind of stubborn fixture on these ideas of popularizing the female body along with associating them with rewards and conditions that would be appearing positive.. this is reverse engineering. the idea here is not to show diversity and basic income, it's to try to higher up the stage of the female figure and make them appear more valuable than what they are, clearly these posters were made by a sexual maniac (one who has claimed to be obsessed with sex before) and appears to want to kiss their feet by exclaiming feminism.. how fucking powerful. i mean look at this shit!
    [​IMG]
    by far this is the most intellectual representation of hl2rp propaganda to date, you literally dug a rabbit hole so deep i can tell the pure amount of intellect that went into creating these beautiful and very representative posters, it really is something and i think you need to post more.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Box Box x 1
  5. sprite

sprite better run through the jungle Active Member

zig r u ok

6. dead flag blues

dead flag blues "...ours is a world of nuclear giants..." Clockwork Customer Active Member

It all makes sense now!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

damn i wish i could read

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Resist

Resist Fucking shithead Active Member

Looks....eh, fine i guess?
    Mediocre at best.

9. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Clockwork Customer Active Member

that one image really hits home the quality for me

10. Amnis

Changelog: Added posters in-game (see example below).

[​IMG]

Came out a little grainy (the kind of patterning viewed occasionally on clothing such as formal jackets on television) in-game, but I'm sure I can fix that with a little blur in future updates.

EDIT: Okay, so I've found out its officially called the "moire effect" (technical: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moiré_pattern). Right now the posters kind of have a video screen effect - definitely not what I'm going for. I'll try experimenting with blur to get rid of the small grid-like details and then sharpen it up to highlight some of the major details.

EDIT 2: Yep, that was the trick, made the textures look more like paper anyway. Will go ahead and re-upload all the posters with the applied effect. Should pretty well fix it for all of them.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Schulze35

Schulze35 Clockwork Customer Active Member

Since I am only 16 I don't really understand this DEEP intelligent posters. I guess I can't join your community :(

12. zoid

zoid Active Member

To understand Adultus XVIII one must transcend to a higher plane of existence only to be enjoyed by the most high level patricians of HL2RP, sacrificing their very lives to roleplay.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Aspect

Aspect Who I am depends on who you learn it from. Active Member

These are really nice, but I feel like something's missing. Some are missing a combine feel... I edited some. Tell me what you think.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. Amnis

I like these a lot, your edits blend well. Unfortunately in the canon, the Combine ever since undergoing an internal coup have re-branded themselves as unifiers and uplifters, not conquerors. The "claw" thus became like the swastika, a symbol of genocide and slavery - one that the new leaders, the sentient fungi, want to move past.

The United poster still conforms with the canon, but I like keeping the orb branding simplistic. That said, if others can find a use for them on their own community/map, I'm all for it.

Again excellent work on these revisions. Canonical reasons aside, they are an improvement from my originals. I know the map will have rather fascistic architecture, but that is more related to the Combine's interpretation of ideal European architectural styles rather than their own philosophy.

To further expand on my previous note on the canon, the Combine are still very well authoritarian and willing to eradicate those that oppose them, but their methods are a lot more benevolent. Gone are the arbitrary beatings, enslavement, and "shoot first ask questions later" mentality. When they "invaded" Earth, it was actually more of a mutual annexation. The world's major superpowers and scientific bodies were contacted before the Combine's arrival. Thereafter they coordinated the unification of Earth. In exchange for world peace and technological marvels, the Combine were permitted to harvest rare minerals and other resources on Earth. There was a resistance, but it was isolated to the fringes of technophobic and xenophobic demographics. Most humans with the exception of some minority economic groups saw their living standards raise substantially.

Essentially the canon takes the assumption that most people would be comfortable under an authoritarian regime if that regime took proper care of them - especially if that care is superior to that of their prior living conditions.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Amnis

Changelog:
    • Done some work on the forum, particularly the outside of the Kispest Court and the Monument to the Ascended Man.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Box Box x 1
  16. Zig

holy shit is this babylon? that totally makes sense with the founding constructs of your propaganda.. babylonic laws all make sense! it's under your supported theory of ideology of the shoehorning of the female sex, emphasizing for their need and the state's obvious desire to make more babies to make more workers. it's basic math, you can see here that these temples only construct support columns in fours, a roman building architectural standpoint which you've clearly used to setup metaphorical foreshadowing of the states eventuality of creating equals, whilst being false equals, but claims of diversity and equalism-- represented in your clear desire to show the black, asian, and whites all in the same propaganda poster. fours represent some kind of equalisms, no odds- no pillar left out.. the ultimate symbolism to make the entire map out of a pure ideology of eastern and both western desire and theories. god damn, you don't fail to impress. the map simply reeks of metaphorical prophecies and ideologies from the get go, showing both irony and contrast to what you're trying to paint. the white architecture is clearly a yell out at the political figures of the twenty first century, and a fountain of synchronization among the frequencies that make up the basic neurological patterns of the denizens of your half life two roleplay server, ones that simply generate WHITe noise, and nothing more. it shows how you've constructed an ultimate meat machine, and how you're unstoppable. god damn am i impressed. everything about this picture you're painting is fucking nuts. it's feakazoid. it's taboo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Box Box x 1
  17. Svensis

Svensis Legend | Zigbomb Clockwork Customer Active Member

doing the analysis I figured out that this map is actually city 15 but in a different way. in this post, I will explain to you why I believe so and why you should take action against this person. first of all, let's start with the textures, You see the white brick texture, I'm pretty sure its the one from the legacy city 15. Since you released the VMF probably everyone has stolen from you. There are other things, if you download the image open it with your favorite text editor, my preferred use is Microsoft word or notepad++. You can actually see that the letters line up into city 15
    Obviously, it could only be a coincidence but you know what I mean city 15 more like city 18 for this man haha. anyways continuing further in his posters like you mentioned are the most intellectual representation of hl2rp propaganda. If we go onto the new industrial 15 copy zooming into the
    warehouse you can see a propaganda, it's pretty similar to the one here but idk.
    When I dove deeper into the creation I found other interesting things. You see the advisor pod there? Pretty sure in greek mythology zed was put in one of those to be tortured. I'm no expert but like comparing this to city 15 there's a lot of issues you should be taking care of I have the evidence to back it up so you should start the digital millennium copyright act since your both American citizens he will have to take off the cloudsixteen.com and do a public apology. obviously, you can get a better lawyer and possibly get some money out if him as well. since I've heard that a business man once attempted to court a person using illegal game server copy and he didnt get so before you send the dmca notice talk to a lawyer i could suggest Gurrazor since he is a very good at that. to end off this post I can say that you should unblock me on steam and we could talk more indepth since i have more evidence and information of this project and other stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Box Box x 5
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  18. Zig

what are youj talking about? stop makin gjokes dude.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Box Box x 1

Previous Readers (Total: 0)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.