1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

[WIP] rp_city_whatever Development

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Zig, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Zig

Zig Clockwork Customer Active Member

Hi. I don't really frequent this forum, and I haven't in a good bit. There's times I'm seen sometimes here for casual conversation or topics that intrigue me, but that's about it. The last City 15 thread had over thirty thousand views! That was an amazing thing to see, let alone having anyone look at our map at all, or rather people looking at the thread thirty thousand times!

City 15 has come so far, it's progress being posted on here pretty much since the beginning when it was just @Badhamknibbs and @Saints Sasha working on the map. I joined in a little later, but still not too late to the party. Sasha is a really busy guy, and so am I, but I've kept at City 15 for a while now even though many thought it was dead (our toxic jokes about it didn't help this assumption, we still laughed like a bunch of little kids though). In regards as to why we did that, and why we decided to close our thread and hinder any public relations was because we felt as if we we're being pressured (and because we have a thirteen year old sense of humour). We didn't want to rush the map, and we were sick of people harassing us about release dates and map development. It was just a little too much, too fast.

Sasha is busy with college and work, and most of the time I am too. It's hard to crunch time into City 15, but like I said I want to release it to the public because I feel like the contributors at Cloudsixteen that have helped us develop this map deserve it, and the players do too. With that little rant and exchange of words over, let's get to the juicy stuff.

City 15

City 15 was a project originally lead and designed by Saints Sasha a few years ago, if you don't know what City 15 is yet, it's a Half-Life 2 roleplay map that set out to be more authentic, prettier, and sensible than roleplay maps that were out and are out at this time. The map is set in Ukraine, and is very Eastern-European (we know this isn't the most "original" setting for a Half-Life 2 Roleplay map, but Sasha lived in Ukraine, and this map was already being made before Eastern-Euro was "uncool").

Below there is a development list that describes and translates what is currently done, being worked on, and to be worked on in the map. I want all members to push suggestions, thoughts, criticism, and any other forms of ideas or statements to us. I hope to release this map soon in the coming months, if you couldn't tell I hate giving release times or dates because they never really pan out.

The old list wasn't really updated, and Sasha isn't really that available so I thought I'd compile a new and up to date list that has proper information in it.

*Everything can be changed or removed completely, even if it is fully developed or implemented in the core map. Suggestions are accepted for everything as of now*

Idea / Not in Development
    In Development
    Implemented into Core Map

City 15 Nexus

Mass Detainment Holding Cell
    Interogation Room
    Torture Room

Execution Room (Old Shower Gas Chamber)
    Control Room
    Contraband Room

Common Area
    Cafeteria / Mess Hall

High Command
    High Command Stasis Room
    High Command Offices
    High Command Conference Room
    Briefing Center

Training Center
    Breaching Simulation
    Shooting Range w/ Armory
    Hand to Hand Training

District-Wide Control Room
    Nexus Control
    Generator Room

Medical Branch - (Hospital Connected by Bridge)
    Surgery Theater
    Medical Armory

Engineering Branch
    Mainframe Command Center

Precinct 1 - City Center, Train-station Parking Lot etc.
    Old Hotel (Civil Housing) This building is being re-designed

Ration Distribution

Old Hospital - Part Nexus Part CWU Clinic

More coming soon, (I got tired)..
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Zig

I worked on several things in the past few days. I finalized lighting, this will be the lighting in the public release (perhaps a little bit more tweaked to look better, but overall the same). There's a lot more to show, I just haven't taken pictures of them and it's quite late and I don't feel like taking more.

I also implemented the factory near the bridge that has power controls and etc. There was originally some smokestacks that let off smoke, but I had to cut back some entity stuff because Source's limits.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Zig

Added a connection alleyway between the main plaza and P15 to help make more ways around, not sure if the catwalk is gonna stay yet, still have to make most of the buildings look pretty but that's the basic layout. Sorry about the music, forgot I had it on.
  4. Zig

Working on some detail work.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Zig

I still have to detail and sculpt most of the whole alley, then eventually build a small sewer junction that will split off into the more heavier sewers/canals. The main point of this backalley was go around P15 and allow for some more "backalley" areas that could be considered a little more cramped and slummy. I decided I wanted to do this after noticing that the map had began to look a little spaced out, and there was a lot of blank space that could be used. I'm relatively close to the brush limit, so I'll have to see where things go. I'm currently probably resting at 86%, and yet there's so much work and detail to do it's very plausible this map is going to require the use of Propper, and other workarounds to get it to it's full size.

The main goal is to overall balance the map a little more. This specific area has pluses and minuses, mainly that it's very close to the plaza and near a checkpoint, but it's basically only a few entrances and very cramped. I sort of want to make sure the map is overall balanced for both factions, right now it's looking a little bit more citizen based than I had hoped, but there's not too much else I can do besides setup maybe some FOBs for the CPs and so forth. The Plaza is pretty set hard in stone for CPs though, so that shouldn't be a problem. There's also plenty of regular roleplay space for citizens. I have to refomat and polish the underground like crazy to make it more suitable for anti-citizen stuff.

Oh yeah! One last thing, I had planned on putting in "toxic goo" or the shit that hurts you in HL2 in parts of the sewers to spice up the gameplay a little bit. I think it'd make some unique things like players having to jump from spot to spot, making settlements down there, etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Zig

Tweaked sun-pitch angles, also added further detail to the buildings. It's not fully complete yet, I want to add some scaffolding above it to shade it a little more, but that's at. After that it's straight off to the sewer entrance.

7. Zig

Oh yeah-- I also removed those lamps in the initial alley because they felt a bit too large and out of place. I didn't really need them there anyways because the lights from the office building began shining on that wall after I opened the windows up, and the combine light in the corner really helped.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Zig

Fixed up more angles with the sun and what-not, also fixed some trees in the plaza. I added a new building there too, but you can't really see it because it's just a frame/shell of it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zig

Also, currently I'm looking for testers to help find and contribute ideas to the map. I currently have a test server online that anyone can connect to at any time that has WIP versions of the map. Please PM me if you're interested and I'll send you the details. Thank you!
  10. Svensis

Svensis Guest

I can't PM you it says, This member limits who may view their full profile.
    add me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/svensis/ k?????? or give me your steam link
  11. Zig

12. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

i'm done with it, but just be careful if you haven't heard of him he's bad news and i wouldn't trust sending my map to someone who flings around false DMCA strikes because of kiddie rage
    • Box Box x 1
  13. Zig

Currently re-doing an re-organizing a majority of the canals. I'm taking a slight mini break from the map to work on some other things (I have a lot of projects to work on, and sadly I'm quite shit at organizing them). More on this soon.
  14. Zig

So! I ran into a few issues with the layout of City 15, seeing it unfit for some things. I cut the hospital because it was far too large of a building for what it would actually be utilized for, so I'll have to re-instate it in a different building under different circumstances. With all of that space being open I had a lot of chances to make a lot more buildings and alleyways and routes that meant something. I also have decided on cutting all of P15, seeing as the district was far too large with very little content. I think I'm going to be going back to the roots of that area and making it like a little industrial small time place, filling with nooks and cranies.

In the future, I'd also like to push more CP outposts around the city for pure satisfaction and balancing, but also to make sure that all factions have proper distribution throughout the city.

In the hospital's place, the first building I've made is a new apartment building that will be primarily used. From this video, the apartment building seems a little small, but I'll be linking it to another building in the back that's a little shittier but has more rooms. The point of making the apartments a little smaller was to encourage players to group up and live together, and create a more cramped environment for encouraging passive roleplay.

There's a slight possibility I'll be widening the building so that it has the ability to have a little more rooms and a few other floors, but the building itself is pretty tall right now.

15. Zig

Oh yeah-- sorry for the double post but I realized in this video you could see some tan textures and random green textures, that's just a cordon bug. It doesn't actually look like that.

Also! Some of the vending machines in the "lounge" room didn't work either! I'm sorry about this!
  16. Zig

Just an example of what's now in the slot of the hospital.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Zig

Here's the new building paired with the apartment building I added. This completes the filling of the space that the hospital originally occupied.
    Don't mind the sign at the top, I fucked it up but fixed it in Hammer.
  18. Zig

This is a really WIP version of the interior of this place. I'm not really satisfied with the brushwork, but I do like the general lighting and ambience of the place. I'll see about fixing up and possibly making it a little better to actually sit and do things in. Oh yeah-- the most work in progress thing in here is def the booths so don't kill me on those.
  19. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

env_soundscape phil.collins_in.the.air.tonight.wav
    just kidding but looks good man, i like your brushwork on the benches
  20. Zig

I began work on the backalley meanwhile, I'm trying to get these few main areas complete so that they're properly done and over with.

If you don't know where this is, it's here:

Of course I need to detail these areas more, but I'm just trying to get some core foundations down so that I don't forget what I was doing when I work on the map next weekend.

Previous Readers (Total: 0)