1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

[WIP] rp_outland_consequences

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by BurningMadness, Mar 16, 2018.

1. BurningMadness

BurningMadness Clockwork Customer Active Member

What is the outland consequences map ?
    This map is my first map on hammer, my goal is to create a unique map with a lot of replay ability, i'm heavily comparing my projects to the famous "ineu valley" and 'stalkers" maps often used for outlands server.

What is the layout
    I'm aiming to make one big central arena and three smalls one, each linked by a dark tunnel giving the impression of "long travel".
    The central arena will be a long forest-Valley like mase cut in two by a long road in the middle, containing a lot of isolated infrastructure
    The three others will be a abandoned city like ravenholm, a forest like hl2ep2, more open and containing way more buildings and a swamp.
    I'm also planing on including a mining complex (basically the one from ep2).
    Buildings will be set to facilitate the work for players to attempt to set any kinds of base.
    Also i'm planning on creating a nexus used as storage and transformating peoples into ota (just like prospekt) for the combine army, this nexus should be a barrage like the one in iney valley two and will be linked to the central and two smallers arena

What should be included
    All the possible optimisation
    An airwatch friendly skybox
    Vehicle friendly
    IA_nods

Somes screenshots:
    https://imgur.com/a/mv5DH

I accept all suggestions and carefully read any tips, i also greatly appreciate feedback and will respond to any questions

Post layout inspired by WIS
    http://forums.cloudsixteen.com/threads/wip-city-three.33137/

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  2. CPT. Maxii

CPT. Maxii Clockwork Customer Active Member

this is very vague.
    pictures, specific ideas, what's the lay-out gonna be, what's gonna make this map better than others.
    sounds like a big project if it's your first hammer map to put it next to these massive maps made by really good authors like Statua and the Stalker maps.

3. BurningMadness

Hey CPT maxii, i actually posted this too soon by mistake, this should be better now
    Also yes i totally understand how big this projet is but trying won't hurt me, its also why i'm sharing this projet in cloud sixteen so peoples willing to give any tips can help me and to get any critisim, also i think that my long playtime in gmod and my two previous (failed) outland servers are helping me putting togethers what could make this map a good one

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  4. BurningMadness

Also i just finished one part, don"t mind the textures (windows) as i had to cut this part to compile it so i could test the performances[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  5. CPT. Maxii

CPT. Maxii Clockwork Customer Active Member

That looks pretty good actually, nice work.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Digital Junkie

Digital Junkie Active Member

Hl2rp consquences?

7. BurningMadness

yes, heavely modified

8. chuck

chuck king of private sector Active Member

screenshots are lookin pretty cool

9. BurningMadness

Thanks you all for your feedback, i was not expecting peoples to actually like it as i'm alway septic to my own work, i'm mapping somes arena with just somes grass, tree and rocks, kinda empty cause i want my admin (and other peoples who will use this map) to be able to place props so they can create a small event

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. I like the ambiguity in the setting, always glad to see another Outlands map that people can use.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BurningMadness

I made some progress, it's not that big but I'm losing motivations and creativity for the central part so I'm going to code my server and/or map the combine nexus outside this map

I'm only showing the parts i consider "done", as you can see i started to work on the surrounding, the way i make this map is first starting with the 'walls' then coloring the grass with Alpha painting then putting the grass and trees, also i put some rocks so even if players are spotted by any kind of hostiles forces they can manage to not get sniped
    I may have forgot to specify that players should not be able to climb these "Walls" casually and should at least be two to do so (if you think they should then let them spawn props).
    I also made a copy of one of the hl2 coast building i correctly optimized with "nodraw" and removed any non-rp things related such as destructible wall and non-static props

If you have any criticisms feel free to tell me as long as i can learn and improve from them, i'm open to any questions and tips and if you want to get in contact with me on steam i will be glad.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Btw i reposted the picture you see as error so don"t worry
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Good Coder Good Coder x 1
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  12. BurningMadness

I'm trying something with the nexus, so what i'm trying to accomplish is having that giant room full of combine stuff with a loot of bridges, combine catwalk and road for OTA pod linked to a loot of little rooms
    I would like to put a fog on the celling, floor and sides so player can imagine this part as a small one and imagine how big this combine installation can be
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Of course the error can"t be removed so don"t worry about them
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. BurningMadness

I've been working a lot and now i'm kinda happy about how far i've got, I really feel's like just this part can get a good ineu valley's feeling
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vented

Vented Guest

if you want a good ineu valley feeling you gotta purposely drop the fps down to 30

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. BurningMadness

Ahah not wrong, but i'm hopping to get basic good fps since the player won"t need to see whats at 3000hammer units since a loot of elements such as tree will be blocking the view, but if you are up to a fly then your fps won"t follow for sure

16. BurningMadness

Got somes progress going on, i added more houses to the adrealy build map and finished the layout for the 3/4 part, i've removed the lower level for the road.

I also added a sawmill but i removed the main props, i should publish two maps, one for the community and one for my server since i'm planning on removing props to add scripted one and putting lots of triger, but i"m sure this version of my map will be immediatly stole so, maybe i should add a backdoor on my server map ?

Also here's the screenshot mah dudes !
    [​IMG]
    Remember that i take tips and feedbacks

• Like Like x 1
  17. Freelok

Freelok Active Member

The left hand side is looking pretty barren. Maybe some houses, or at the very last trees?

18. Roth

Roth C16's furfag mascot (better than Cinder)

adding onto this, you should maybe live up to the map's name and add an absolute wreck of a no-mans land to the left side for people to explore? make it the 'hostile zone' of the server type deal for s2rp shit

19. BurningMadness

Nananananana no man's land in ma map, its just in progress, I'm planning on adding two industrials sector with just some warehouses and more building, but still keeping that space, for the "people to explore"I wonder what stop you from thinking that about the right side ?

Like I said on top, I'm planning on adding the last whiteforest part like in ineu valley 1, the difference would be a smaller version and more buildings or point of interest, this would be a way more open part of the map.

Having big open space or empty space wont be cool for the map as it is a waste of space and ressource

EDIT: Also the nexus part as been removed as its way too big, i"m planning on making something way more smaller

• Like Like x 1
  20. BurningMadness

MAX_BRUSHES is a thing ! I didn't know about that ahah ! So FUCK HAMMER and RIP THIS MAP

• Funny Funny x 1

Previous Readers (Total: 0)