1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Phase Four Would this gamemode be suitable?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Amnis, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amnis

Amnis Clockwork Customer

Need a gamemode that can do the following (or most/some of it):
    1. Have a stored currency and be able to name it
    2. Have currency regularly distributed to the players (like say "$10" per hour or something)
    3. Have a trading system (buying items from vendors)
    4. Have a crafting system
    5. Be able to disable features in the gamemode that I don't like/need
    6. Have players automatically recognize others (all names visible)
    7. Have some kind of time/date system that can modified (e.g. every 1 minute = 1 hour in-game etc.)
    8. Have a whitelist system that prevents unauthorized players from joining the server (password not good enough)

Is Phase 4 appropriate for this?

EDIT: Decided on HL2RP.

• Box Box x 1
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
  2. Aspect

Aspect Who I am depends on who you learn it from. Active Member

I think.
    HL2RP will also work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Phase four Is for cyberpunk, and futuristic. Dystopian or Utopian, lore themed roleplay, hl2rp works more, your choice on what you want.

Fallout - Atomic
    Cyberpunk- P4
    Half life 2..... well... - HL2RP

Depends on choice of stories, Eitherway. the schemas are all the same.
    The UI may be different. If you wanna edit Phase Four, you need coding knowledge.
    White listing is server based. not schema as far as I know, you can probably use something to re-direct them to some MLP rp server.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  4. Schulze35

Schulze35 Clockwork Customer Active Member

I would suggest HL2RP

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Amnis

Amnis Clockwork Customer

Does Phase 4 have crafting though? I think the wiki mentioned it somewhere.

6. HL2rp atomic and P4 are all the same. as said they are the same so it is obviously it does have crafting

7. Amnis

Amnis Clockwork Customer

The wiki and store page seem to indicate they have unique features. So, is crafting a built-in feature of P4/Clockwork in general?

8. Possibly it's the difference of items in each schema.

9. NoahtheBoah36™

NoahtheBoah36™ Clockwork Customer Active Member

My advice is to use HL2RP, as it's modifiable enough that you can do just about anything with it. I literally took an HL2RP and customized it into a Fallout RP. However, to address your issues 1 by 1....

1. Have a stored currency and be able to name it
    Part of all schemas. For HL2RP you can find this towards the top of the sh_schema file, and just modify the name to your liking. Currency can also be stored in containers, if that's what you mean by "stored."
    2. Have currency regularly distributed to the players (like say "$10" per hour or something)
    Also a part of HL2RP, but not sure about other schemas. Refer to the code for OTA, City Administration, and MPF and notice that in the class files, there is a couple of lines of code. Should be self-explanatory what to do. This is from one of my own modded schemas.
    Code:
    CLASS.wages = 5;
    CLASS.wagesName = "Salary";
    3. Have a trading system (buying items from vendors)
    Do /salesmanadd, /salesmanedit, and /salesmanremove. Using the first two commands you can create, customize, and then later modify as needed, salesmen. They can be set to sell in shipments or in single items, as well as, if you want, have limits on their item stock, as well as their available currency. You can also customize their model. Many an HL2RP for example has the Combine Armory set to be a combine terminal salesman. You can do something similar as needed.
    4. Have a crafting system
    I do believe there is a crafting plugin for CW out there somewhere. If you can't find it I have a crafting plugin stored on my Desktop I can send you. While not working as a default part of any schemas to my knowledge, the plugin exists, or you can always do hardcoding with specific items, but that's a lot more tedious.
    5. Be able to disable features in the gamemode that I don't like/need
    Most elements of CW both in and out of the schemas are concentrated in plugins, but even those that aren't can be modified. While not technically recommended as it is modifying the base clockwork files, I often delete the Flashlight plugin for base Clockwork as I prefer to just have everybody be able to use a flashlight, with them being as common of an item as they are.
    6. Have players automatically recognize others (all names visible)
    I do believe this is a setting in the config, that you can edit while the server is up.
    7. Have some kind of time/date system that can modified (e.g. every 1 minute = 1 hour in-game etc.)
    There is a time/date system in CW, but it's somewhat clunky and may need refining. The code for this can be found at the top of your sh_schema file.
    8. Have a whitelist system that prevents unauthorized players from joining the server (password not good enough)
    Unfortunately I don't think this is a part of Clockwork, but I do believe that there are some whitelisting systems out there for Gmod servers. A quick google search should help you find what you're looking for.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Amnis

Amnis Clockwork Customer

Hey thanks a lot for the detailed response. It's been years since I took a look at Clockwork. I hate to ask another question, but if I use HL2RP, can I change the name of it in the server panel? Thing is, I don't want to associated with HL2RP if my server fits more of the weird experimental variety as P4 is described as.

11. NoahtheBoah36™

You can change it by getting a schema rename token, but my advice is to not do so, and here's why.

I ran a fallout server using HL2RP awhile back, customized to my liking. I kept it under the HL2RP category, and I suspect that's what got me my members. People joined because they saw it as new and different, and the majority of roleplayers only look in the one CW:HL2RP category. Now, obviously it seems like you're trying to create a gated community, but nevertheless there is still some value to having your server under HL2RP to advertise it so people will check out your forums and possibly apply to join or whatever. Of course, that's an ownership-level, administrative call that you have to make for yourself, but if you wish to recruit people, keeping it under HL2RP is a good idea. For the longest time there was a Mass Effect RP under the HL2RP category that was doing pretty well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Amnis

Amnis Clockwork Customer

Sounds fair enough, I suppose a custom schema is unnecessary for my uses. I appreciate the helpful responses.

13. Aberidius

Aberidius Chief Technology Officer Administrator Store Support Clockwork Customer

You can register a free dev key here: http://forums.cloudsixteen.com/threads/free-dev-keys.33497/

Make sure you read it so you don't make any mistakes and have to make a support thread about it.

I would discourage this. It's really unattractive to see on the server list. You should have it under the correct category instead if it isn't HL2RP you're making. Although, that's up to you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sly

Sly Life is wasted on the living. Clockwork Customer Active Member

I second this. It is misleading to users and often upsets people. It also can result in some users never seeing your server because they may look over the listing if they think it is HL2RP and they are looking for something different.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. NoahtheBoah36™

I see your points, however for me it worked very well. Nobody ever goes in CW:Atomic, and the only server in CW:Fallout isn't even using Clockwork. I'm only sharing what worked for me, and I never got any complaints about the server being misleading as, in the name of the server, it clearly said "Boah Networks Fallout RP," so anybody who takes the moment to read it will realize, and as soon as they connect the modified quiz will show that it is Fallout RP, not HL2RP.

16. Amnis

Amnis Clockwork Customer

I have decided to go with HL2RP and modifying it in order to register it as a custom CW gamemode in the future. I'll be setting up my server once I get a contract sorted out with an age verification service (verifies identity via financial and or civil IDs rather than being just a simple birth date checker). I'll advertise this server once I have everything in order. Thanks for all the helpful responses. Consider this inquiry solved, and I would please ask that a moderator subsequently close this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.