1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

zig's mapping

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Zig, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Zig

Zig Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

He's just trying to look like a shill, when all he really does is attempt to bother me. It's for a small server I have in the works at the moment, but this isn't really the thread for it.

While it was made for the server, it's still up for people to use at the moment.
    It's not done yet, but it can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1263973748

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Digital Junkie

Digital Junkie Active Member

No I'm not trying to shill i mistook this for rp_slumcity. Otherwise I'd plug that sweet two letter name.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Zig

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Papabear3g

Papabear3g Clockwork Customer Active Member

I shit myself and thought this was the City 15 release, god dammit

5. chuck

chuck king of private sector Active Member

keep this shit up mother fucker i want this to be a full map

6. Simplizim

Simplizim Clockwork Customer

Your map looks amazing, you have to finish it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Zig

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Zig

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Good Coder Good Coder x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Zig

Four thousand views on this thread already, just a little update to say I've been in- slumber. Alexpill is taking up a good portion of my time, so this is kinda on the backburner for now. Also- I was looking over me and Sasha's archives and I got a little bit of nostalgia. He's such a homie to me, I think I might polish and release the old version of the map for the hell of it. It just needs some love, that's all. And it needs to be completely rebuilt brush wise, but we'll get to that later. No promises, just dreams and desires.

Much thanks, and much love, Zig.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Zig

11. Digital Junkie

Are you using this for AP?

12. Zig

bruh it's a hl2rp map

13. Digital Junkie

Dude... Alexpill is interchangeable.

14. Zig

Completely forgot to update this thread- okay, cool. I've been working on two maps when I can, and on top of that an entire server. I can't count the amount of projects I'm juggling with my two hands so I'll just say that I haven't had much time to put into city 15. Plenty of different things going on so, I'll showcase screenshots from all of my mapping projects recently.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I honestly don't have a lot of pictures of the new stuff in the city 15 map, but I do have some kind of new stuff which I didn't share here, so have at it. There's just been some more general detailing work and interior design and polishing and what not. It's a decent map right now. I need to finish all of the districts and optimize the shit out of it (it runs really good already) and then we'll be good.

[​IMG]
    Slumcity is a huge pain in the ass because it's a big sewing project. Multitudes of g-string maps all packed into one. It fucking sucks. It's very linear, annoying, and unsatisfying to play on right now and the only thing it has going for it right now is some decent lighting. No interiors or anything- since the entire level is quite built brushwork wise to be sub-detailed and a combat environment. It's like taking default half-life 2 canals maps with no detail outside of the canal and making it roleplay ready. It sucks, and it is really degrading to work on. Talk about being unmotivated about a map- this one is the king.

Here's a video I made in February, not sure why I didn't share it. Maybe it was because there was some minor broken things. Whatever.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Zig

Just a quick little update I managed to push out tonight. I was really exhausted from working on slumcity and I wanted to work on something else for once- so I picked City 15. I think I made alright progress for three hours. I worked on a few interiors and a little bit more detail on the outside and things. Nothing amazing- but this is just an update thread anyways.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Good Coder Good Coder x 1
  16. BurningMadness

BurningMadness Clockwork Customer

Only shiieeeet this look a-w-e-s-o-m-e

17. Zig

Remember this big white corner building?
    [​IMG]

Well, I had to give it a makeover because it's been like that since I created the VMF. I originally intended it to just be a filler building- but it was kind of bad looking so that's what I spent an hour reworking tonight. I think it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Zig

Just some more updates and improvements and stuff. I'm a pretty garbage programmer- so I've been putting a lot more effort in mapping recently.
    Here's a video I made to show off some map stuff.

[​IMG]

19. matlock

matlock Active Member

Consider a lot more light sources for the final product, with different colors and ambiances. If you still want certain areas to be dark, just make sure the light sources are smaller, so that contrast goes up without detracting from the darkness of the scene.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Zig

I'm good- I don't want a complicated palette as far as color mixing goes. i17 had such an ugly palette that consisted of a big pot of blues and yellows, it just looked like a mess. Some areas have yet to be given lights.

• Agree Agree x 1